Germanna Community College
- Germanna Community College is one of the twenty-three community colleges in Virginia that comprise the Virginia Community College System. It is a two-year public institution of higher education established in 1970. The College takes pride in serving the residents of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania, and Stafford counties and the City of Fredericksburg.
Germanna Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 152 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Germanna Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,282 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,415 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,867 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$29,400|
- Germanna Community College is a public, comprehensive higher education institution in the Virginia Community College System. Located in north-central Virginia, the College has two full-service campuses and offers Associate Degree, Certificate, and Career Studies Certificate programs to a diverse urban and rural population. In 1956, descendants of the original settlers at Germanna Ford organized the Memorial Foundation of Germanna Colonies in Virginia, Inc. In 1966, the Virginia legislature created a community college system intended to provide higher learning in both academic and technical areas within commuting distance of every citizen of the Commonwealth. A site selection committee recommended that the College be located in the center of its service region. In 1969, the Memorial Foundation of Germanna Colonies donated 100 acres of property along the Rapidan River to the Commonwealth of Virginia for the location of a community college. On June 5, 1969, the College Board unanimously chose the name Germanna Community College to recognize this generous gift and the local history associated with it. The Locust Grove campus is located on Route 3 midway between Culpeper and Fredericksburg. The campus consists of 100 beautifully wooded acres adjacent to the Rapidan River in Orange County. The campus building of approximately 65,000 square feet includes classrooms, laboratories (including a state-of-the-art Technologies Laboratory), a wellness center, bookstore, administrative and faculty offices, a library, information services, business office, and student lounge. Outdoor facilities include tennis courts and a playing field, as well as nature trails, jogging paths, and a picnic area. Germanna Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate degree. In addition, the AAS nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and both the AAS nursing and the practical nursing certificate programs are approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
- The nearest community college to Germanna Community College is Career Training Solutions (18.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 189 students | 18.00 Mi10304 Spotsylvania Ave Suite 400
Fredericksburg,  VA  22408
- 327 students | 32.90 Mi8255 Shopper\'s Square
Manassas,  VA  20111
- 51,487 students | 43.20 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
- 8,411 students | 43.50 Mi8730 Mitchell Rd
La Plata,  MD  20646
- 428 students | 45.70 Mi8300 Merrifield Ave 3F
Fairfax,  VA  22031