Central Alabama Community College
- Central Alabama Community College is a publicly supported institution in the Alabama Community College System and is under the direction and control of the Alabama State Board of Education. The College strives to meet the needs of students at an affordable price in an easily accessible setting. The College can and will meet the general academic, career, technical, senior college transfer, adult education, skills training, and training for industry/business needs of its communities. Central Alabama Community College is a multi-campus community college providing quality, customer-driven educational opportunities to enhance the lives of those we serve.
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Alabama Community College||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,726 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||974 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||752 students||752 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Central Alabama Community College provides the residents of central Alabama with continuing opportunities for the development of knowledge and skills through programs that are affordable, accessible, and responsive to the needs of community, business, industry, and government.
- The nearest community college to Central Alabama Community College is Southern Union State Community College (25.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,727 students | 25.90 Mi750 Roberts St
Wadley,  AL  36276
- 315 students | 41.40 Mi3736 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery,  AL  36109
- 624 students | 43.20 Mi5355 Vaughn Rd
Montgomery,  AL  36116
- 943 students | 44.70 Mi3920 troy hwy
Montgomery,  AL  36116
- 1,338 students | 45.90 Mi1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery,  AL  36108
Earlier this year, President Obama outlined a proposal that would make community college free for millions of community college students. What does it mean for you?
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.