Eastern Shore Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College believes that all individuals should be provided a continuing opportunity to develop and extend their skills and knowledge and to cultivate an awareness of their roles and responsibilities in society. The college is committed to providing leadership in identifying and addressing both the needs of individuals and economic needs, including workforce development needs, in Accomack and Northampton counties.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 30% over five years.
|Eastern Shore Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||839 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||228 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||611 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,000||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastern Shore Community College is a member of the Virginia Community College System and serves the residents of Accomack County and Northampton County as a two-year institution of higher learning. Operating under policies established by the State Board for Community Colleges and the Eastern Shore Community College Board, the college is financed primarily with state funds, supplemented by contributions from the two counties and the Eastern Shore Community College Foundation. ESCC occupies a 115-acre site on U.S. Route 13, south of Melfa on the southern end of the Delmarva Peninsula. The modern facility, which is accessible to the disabled, includes classrooms, laboratories, a bookstore, a lecture hall, administrative offices, occupational trade areas, a student lounge, and a Learning Resources Center. ESCC provides many low cost high quality higher educational programs. The Associate in Applied Science degree, in several technical areas, along with the Associate in Arts and Sciences degree for students who wish to transfer to a university to complete their baccalaureate degree are available at ESCC. In addition, the college also offers certificate programs, continuing education and workforce development training to area business and industry. For prospective students who find it difficult to balance full-time jobs and family responsibilities along with college coursework, ESCC has distance education courses which allow students to earn college credit from home. Eastern Shore Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. The college provides associate degree programs approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia. It is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Southern Association of Junior Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Eastern Shore Community College is Rappahannock Community College (47.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,569 students | 47.80 Mi12745 College Drive
Saluda,  VA  23149
- 3,104 students | 53.10 Mi32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury,  MD  21804
- 10,436 students | 53.80 Mi99 Thomas Nelson Drive
Hampton,  VA  23666
- 211 students | 54.00 Mi616 Denbigh Blvd
Newport News,  VA  23608
- 433 students | 54.50 Mi803 Diligence Drive
Newport News,  VA  23606
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.