Centura College-Newport News
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Centura College-Newport News||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||211 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||146 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||65 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,200||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Centura College-Newport News is Everest College-Newport News (4.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 433 students | 4.80 Mi803 Diligence Drive
Newport News,  VA  23606
- 10,436 students | 7.50 Mi99 Thomas Nelson Drive
Hampton,  VA  23666
- 226 students | 22.40 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk,  VA  23518
- 27,646 students | 23.70 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
- n/a students | 24.60 Mi2428 Almeda Ave Ste 316
Norfolk,  VA  23513
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.