Centura College-Newport News
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Centura College-Newport News||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||211 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||146 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||65 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,200||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Centura College-Newport News is Everest College-Newport News (4.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 433 students | 4.80 Mi803 Diligence Drive
Newport News,  VA  23606
- 10,436 students | 7.50 Mi99 Thomas Nelson Drive
Hampton,  VA  23666
- 226 students | 22.40 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk,  VA  23518
- 27,646 students | 23.70 Mi121 College Place
Norfolk,  VA  23510
- n/a students | 24.60 Mi2428 Almeda Ave Ste 316
Norfolk,  VA  23513
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.