Diablo Valley College
- The primary objective of Diablo Valley College is the development, growth and success of each of its students. At DVC student learning is paramount and comprises not simply the transference of knowledge and skills but also a process of intellectual, artistic, political, ethical, physical and spiritual exploration. We believe that such learning is the mutual responsibility of the college and the student.
Diablo Valley College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 447 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Diablo Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||447 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,089 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||7,503 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,586 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$44,600||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Diablo Valley College is one of three publicly supported two-year community colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District. The main campus is located off Interstate 680 in Pleasant Hill, California and twenty miles east of UC Berkeley. A new San Ramon Valley Campus in Dougherty Valley is currently under construction and is scheduled to open its doors to students in January of 2007. DVC also has a center in downtown Walnut Creek. DVC has developed into one of California's most successful transfer institutions, sending nearly 2,000 students each year to highly-rated colleges and universities. At the same time, DVC has created an array of excellent occupational programs, which prepare students for direct entry into the workforce. Diablo Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commissions for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The college operates under a semester calendar. The Career and Employment Services Center is located in the Technical Education building and offers students a spacious environment with the latest materials and technology. This area houses the CalWORKs Program, Career Development Services, Job Placement Services, Volunteer Services, and Workability III.
- The nearest community college to Diablo Valley College is Carrington College-Pleasant Hill (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 599 students | 0.50 Mi380 Civic Dr., Ste. 300
Pleasant Hill,  CA  94523
- 8,695 students | 11.70 Mi2700 East Leland Road
Pittsburg,  CA  94565
- 6,321 students | 12.90 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
- 6,574 students | 13.40 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland,  CA  94619
- 6,697 students | 14.70 Mi2600 Mission Bell Dr
San Pablo,  CA  94806
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.