- The primary objective of Diablo Valley College is the development, growth and success of each of its students. At DVC student learning is paramount and comprises not simply the transference of knowledge and skills but also a process of intellectual, artistic, political, ethical, physical and spiritual exploration. We believe that such learning is the mutual responsibility of the college and the student.
- Enrollment: 18,693 students
- In-state tuition: $1,298
- Out-state tuition: $7,038
- Student:teacher ratio: 26:1
- Minority enrollment: 65%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Diablo Valley College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Diablo Valley College is one of three publicly supported two-year community colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District. The main campus is located off Interstate 680 in Pleasant Hill, California and twenty miles east of UC Berkeley. A new San Ramon Valley Campus in Dougherty Valley is currently under construction and is scheduled to open its doors to students in January of 2007. DVC also has a center in downtown Walnut Creek. DVC has developed into one of California's most successful transfer institutions, sending nearly 2,000 students each year to highly-rated colleges and universities. At the same time, DVC has created an array of excellent occupational programs, which prepare students for direct entry into the workforce. Diablo Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commissions for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The college operates under a semester calendar. The Career and Employment Services Center is located in the Technical Education building and offers students a spacious environment with the latest materials and technology. This area houses the CalWORKs Program, Career Development Services, Job Placement Services, Volunteer Services, and Workability III.