- The mission of Merritt College is to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve by helping students to attain knowledge, master skills, develop the appreciation, attitudes and values needed to succeed and participate responsibly in a democratic society.
The teacher population of 216 teachers has grown by 50% over five years.
|Merritt College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||308 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Merritt College and academic tradition are synonymous. Its over 40-year tradition of academic excellence is prominently manifested in its distinguished alumni and faculty who taught them. Annually, four-year colleges and universities across the state are eager recipients of Merritt transfer students from medicine and law, to art and science. Always the community college innovator, Merritt boasts many unique occupational programs such as its much touted nursing and health professions, community social services/substance abuse counselor, environmental hazardous materials technology, computer information systems, landscape horticulture and environmental management, paralegal studies and restoration technology. There are many benefits that make Merritt the first choice of over 6,000 students each semester. Merritt cares. You can be assured of small classes, caring faculty, friendly admissions staff, and first class support services. Merritt has a great location. The campus is nestled in the scenic Oakland hills with a panoramic view of the San Francisco Bay out through the Golden Gate. A safe, clean, cheerful environment awaits your ascent to Merritt's opportunities. Merritt has a wide array of excellent courses taught by very caring and knowledgeable faculty. Our professional staff is eager to help you develop an educational plan which will make your dreams become a reality. Merritt has a wide range of services and resources provided by friendly, helpful, and devoted professional staff. The entire Merritt College family is committed to contributing to your success as a student. Merritt college has a rich cultural diversity of students from many ethnic groups which provides a positive and enriching learning environment.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,424 students | 5.10 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 5.1010,424
- 5,667 students | 6.20 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 6.205,667
- 251 students | 6.60 Mi15555 East 14th St., Ste. 500
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510) 276-3888 6.60251
- 5,644 students | 7.80 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-2800 7.805,644
- 13,522 students | 10.80 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6600 10.8013,522
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.