- The mission of Merritt College is to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve by helping students to attain knowledge, master skills, develop the appreciation, attitudes and values needed to succeed and participate responsibly in a democratic society.
- Enrollment: 6,857 students
- In-state tuition: $1,144
- Out-state tuition: $6,256
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 32:1
- Minority enrollment: 86%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Merritt College and academic tradition are synonymous. Its over 40-year tradition of academic excellence is prominently manifested in its distinguished alumni and faculty who taught them. Annually, four-year colleges and universities across the state are eager recipients of Merritt transfer students from medicine and law, to art and science. Always the community college innovator, Merritt boasts many unique occupational programs such as its much touted nursing and health professions, community social services/substance abuse counselor, environmental hazardous materials technology, computer information systems, landscape horticulture and environmental management, paralegal studies and restoration technology. There are many benefits that make Merritt the first choice of over 6,000 students each semester. Merritt cares. You can be assured of small classes, caring faculty, friendly admissions staff, and first class support services. Merritt has a great location. The campus is nestled in the scenic Oakland hills with a panoramic view of the San Francisco Bay out through the Golden Gate. A safe, clean, cheerful environment awaits your ascent to Merritt's opportunities. Merritt has a wide array of excellent courses taught by very caring and knowledgeable faculty. Our professional staff is eager to help you develop an educational plan which will make your dreams become a reality. Merritt has a wide range of services and resources provided by friendly, helpful, and devoted professional staff. The entire Merritt College family is committed to contributing to your success as a student. Merritt college has a rich cultural diversity of students from many ethnic groups which provides a positive and enriching learning environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Merritt College cost?
Merritt College's tuition is approximately $1,144 for In-State students and $6,256 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Merritt College?
The acceptance rate of Merritt College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 89%.
What is Merritt College's ranking?
Merritt College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Diversity in US community colleges.