Berkeley City College
Tel: (510) 981-2800
- Berkeley City College (BCC), an innovative and caring learning community. We are deeply committed to sustaining our student-centered learning environment, as we continue to foster partnerships with our community’s business, educational, civic, and nonprofit organizations. We take pride in programs that address the needs and learning styles of all students, and which help contribute to underrepresented populations’ success in college. BCC will provide you with a unique, dynamic and rewarding learning environment. Our students, faculty and staff reflect the ethnic and economic diversity of our community and, from a broader perspective, that of California’s community colleges. You can choose from majors in a variety of areas, including American Sign Language, Accounting, Art, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, English, Global Studies, Office Technology, Liberal Arts, Multimedia Arts, Psychology, Public and Human Services, Sociology, Spanish and Spanish Medical Interpreting. Internships in the sciences and community service opportunities will enhance your education. All prepare you for employment, improve your skills or allow you to continue your education at a four-year institution.
The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkeley City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Vista is a premier, diverse student-centered learning community, dedicated to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, and transformation. Vista, one of California's 107 community colleges, is located at 2020 Milvia Street in downtown Berkeley, in one of the world's great education centers. It is only two blocks from the University of California at Berkeley. Model Programs in American Sign Language, biotechnology, business, computer information systems, the liberal arts and social sciences, place Vista on the cutting edge of community college education in California. Classes convene at the college's urban setting in downtown Berkeley and at the University of California. Vista Community College offers a wide variety of financial aid programs and services to help you meet your educational costs. The college participates in the Federal Pell Grant Program, the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant Program (SEOG), the Federal College-Work Study Program, and the Board of Governors Waiver Program (BOGEFW). Vista Community College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,404 students | 5.10 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 5.1010,404
- 6,389 students | 6.30 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 6.306,389
- 7,453 students | 7.80 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland, CA 94619
(510) 531-4911 7.807,453
- 7,193 students | 7.90 Mi2600 Mission Bell Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 235-7800 7.907,193
- 218 students | 9.50 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 675-5200 9.50218
Are you paying too much for community college textbooks? Learn about how you can save money on your textbooks, ranging from tips on how to find the best used deals to even renting your textbooks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.