Berkeley City College
- Berkeley City College (BCC), an innovative and caring learning community. We are deeply committed to sustaining our student-centered learning environment, as we continue to foster partnerships with our community’s business, educational, civic, and nonprofit organizations. We take pride in programs that address the needs and learning styles of all students, and which help contribute to underrepresented populations’ success in college. BCC will provide you with a unique, dynamic and rewarding learning environment. Our students, faculty and staff reflect the ethnic and economic diversity of our community and, from a broader perspective, that of California’s community colleges. You can choose from majors in a variety of areas, including American Sign Language, Accounting, Art, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, English, Global Studies, Office Technology, Liberal Arts, Multimedia Arts, Psychology, Public and Human Services, Sociology, Spanish and Spanish Medical Interpreting. Internships in the sciences and community service opportunities will enhance your education. All prepare you for employment, improve your skills or allow you to continue your education at a four-year institution.
- The teacher population of 112 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berkeley City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||112 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,321 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||56:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,260 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,061 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Vista is a premier, diverse student-centered learning community, dedicated to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, and transformation. Vista, one of California's 107 community colleges, is located at 2020 Milvia Street in downtown Berkeley, in one of the world's great education centers. It is only two blocks from the University of California at Berkeley. Model Programs in American Sign Language, biotechnology, business, computer information systems, the liberal arts and social sciences, place Vista on the cutting edge of community college education in California. Classes convene at the college's urban setting in downtown Berkeley and at the University of California. Vista Community College offers a wide variety of financial aid programs and services to help you meet your educational costs. The college participates in the Federal Pell Grant Program, the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant Program (SEOG), the Federal College-Work Study Program, and the Board of Governors Waiver Program (BOGEFW). Vista Community College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,548 students | 5.20 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
- 5,712 students | 6.20 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
- 6,697 students | 7.80 Mi2600 Mission Bell Dr
San Pablo,  CA  94806
- 6,574 students | 7.80 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland,  CA  94619
- 527 students | 9.50 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco,  CA  94108
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.