Daymar College-Jackson (Closed 2016)
- Daymar College has been providing exceptional career training since 1963. As a career training school, Daymar College has grown to include 16 beautiful campuses and more than 35 career tracks. Our professional faculty brings real-world experience to the classroom to provide each student with the quality instruction needed to be successful on the job and in life. Small class sizes, day and evening classes, and relevant training are just some of the things that make Daymar College the best place to prepare for your future career. If you're ready for real success in the real world, Daymar College can provide the skills and training needed to get you there. We provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required to obtain the careers they need to have the lives they want. Our vision is to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the jobs they need, to have the lives they want. Our purpose is to stress to all students the importance of a sound general education background in which they can broaden their understanding of society and the complexities affecting that society; to provide education and training to students on a group and individualized basis, helping students realize their full potential in specialized business knowledge and skills; to help students reach a level of social maturity that will be respected in the community as well as in the business world.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Daymar College-Jackson||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||34 students||734 students|
|# Full-Time Students||31 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||284 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,100||$30,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Daymar College-Jackson is Daymar College-New Boston (25.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 52 students | 25.90 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
- 2,308 students | 28.50 Mi101 University Drive
Chillicothe,  OH  45601
- 2,018 students | 35.40 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
- 3,474 students | 35.50 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
- 3,345 students | 39.20 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.