Daymar College-Jackson (Closed 2016)
- Daymar College has been providing exceptional career training since 1963. As a career training school, Daymar College has grown to include 16 beautiful campuses and more than 35 career tracks. Our professional faculty brings real-world experience to the classroom to provide each student with the quality instruction needed to be successful on the job and in life. Small class sizes, day and evening classes, and relevant training are just some of the things that make Daymar College the best place to prepare for your future career. If you're ready for real success in the real world, Daymar College can provide the skills and training needed to get you there. We provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required to obtain the careers they need to have the lives they want. Our vision is to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the jobs they need, to have the lives they want. Our purpose is to stress to all students the importance of a sound general education background in which they can broaden their understanding of society and the complexities affecting that society; to provide education and training to students on a group and individualized basis, helping students realize their full potential in specialized business knowledge and skills; to help students reach a level of social maturity that will be respected in the community as well as in the business world.
The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 22% over five years.
|Daymar College-Jackson||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||91 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Daymar College-Jackson is Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus (28.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,178 students | 28.60 Mi101 University Drive
Chillicothe, OH 45601
(740) 774-7200 28.602,178
- 3,509 students | 35.40 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764
(740) 753-3591 35.403,509
- 2,232 students | 35.40 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton, OH 45638
(740) 533-4600 35.402,232
- 2,598 students | 39.20 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland, KY 41101
(606) 326-2000 39.202,598
- 29 students | 42.30 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point, OH 45680
(740) 377-2520 42.3029
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.