Daymar College-Jackson (Closed 2016)
- Daymar College has been providing exceptional career training since 1963. As a career training school, Daymar College has grown to include 16 beautiful campuses and more than 35 career tracks. Our professional faculty brings real-world experience to the classroom to provide each student with the quality instruction needed to be successful on the job and in life. Small class sizes, day and evening classes, and relevant training are just some of the things that make Daymar College the best place to prepare for your future career. If you're ready for real success in the real world, Daymar College can provide the skills and training needed to get you there. We provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required to obtain the careers they need to have the lives they want. Our vision is to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the jobs they need, to have the lives they want. Our purpose is to stress to all students the importance of a sound general education background in which they can broaden their understanding of society and the complexities affecting that society; to provide education and training to students on a group and individualized basis, helping students realize their full potential in specialized business knowledge and skills; to help students reach a level of social maturity that will be respected in the community as well as in the business world.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 22% over five years.
|Daymar College-Jackson||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||34 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||31 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,100||$30,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Daymar College-Jackson is Daymar College-New Boston (26.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 52 students | 26.00 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
(740) 456-4124 26.0052
- 2,308 students | 28.60 Mi101 University Drive
Chillicothe,  OH  45601
(740) 774-7200 28.602,308
- 3,474 students | 35.40 Mi3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville,  OH  45764
(740) 753-3591 35.403,474
- 2,018 students | 35.40 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
(740) 533-4600 35.402,018
- 3,345 students | 39.20 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
(606) 326-2000 39.203,345
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.