Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (740) 774-7200
- Ohio University Chillicothe is part of the Ohio University public education system. Ohio University-Chillicothe is located in Chillicothe, Ohio. Ohio University-Chillicothe has approximately 1800 full and part-time students attending classes in four buildings located on 100 acres. 19,727 students attend Ohio University's Athens campus (including 606 in continuing education). 8,387 students attend Ohio University's regional campuses.
Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 75 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||40 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ohio University has a rich and distinguished history. Established in 1804 as the first university in the state of Ohio and the Northwest Territory, the university maintains its strong devotion to educating students for the challenges of the future. Our commitment to academic excellence in both undergraduate and graduate fields of study is evident by the outstanding faculty and facilities on the main campus in Athens and the university's five regional campuses. Located in the scenic Appalachian foothills of southeastern Ohio, its classic residential campus is one of the most attractive in the nation. The charm of tree-lined brick walkways on the university's College Green makes you feel as if you are at a small college rather than a large university. Ohio University-Chillicothe offers 13 Associate degree programs, 8 Bachelor degree programs and 4 Master degree programs. Associate degree is offered in Business Management Technology, Child Development, Computer Science Technology, Deaf Studies and Interpreting, Environmental Engineering Technology, Hazardous Material Technology, Human Services Technology, Individualized Studies, Law Enforcement Technology, Nursing and Office Technology. Bachelor degrees is offered in Criminal Justice, Communication Studies, General Business, Early Childhood Education, Middle Childhood Education, Nursing, Specialized Studies and Technical and Applied Studies. Master degree is offered in Educational Administration, Engineering Management, Professional MBA and Master of Social Sciences. The university offers more than 270 undergraduate areas of study in a variety of fields including world religions, dietetics, theater, physics, communication studies, African American studies, retail merchandising, meteorology, and journalism.
The nearest community college to Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus is Southern State Community College (33.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,455 students | 33.30 Mi100 Hobart Drive
Hillsboro,  OH  45133
(937) 393-3431 33.302,455
- 1,568 students | 35.90 Mi1570 Granville Pike
Lancaster,  OH  43130
(740) 654-6711 35.901,568
- 52 students | 40.10 Mi3879 Rhodes Ave.
Portsmouth,  OH  45662
(740) 456-4124 40.1052
- n/a students | 40.10 Mi10165 Wright Rd
Canal Winchester,  OH  43110
(614) 837-4088 40.10n/a
- 92 students | 40.80 Mi2745 Winchester Pike
Columbus,  OH  43232
(614) 643-6680 40.8092
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.