Cosumnes River College
- The mission of Cosumnes River College is to provide opportunities for individuals to achieve their maximum potential and contribute to the well being of the larger community.
- The teacher population of 259 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cosumnes River College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||259 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,674 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||57:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,530 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,667 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Soccer,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cosumnes River College is one of four community colleges within the Los Rios Community College District. The college opened on September 14, 1970, with 1,800 day and 350 evening students. Facilities included the science building, automotive and technology complex, women's physical education building, pool, and the library building. In September 1975, the Business/Social Science classroom building was dedicated, the first since the college opened. The computer laboratory, located there, is equipped with state-of-the-art data processing equipment that supports many areas of the college curriculum. There are more than 14,000 students enrolled at Cosumnes River College. The college offers a broad option of more than 60 occupational degree programs, and a comprehensive curriculum of transfer courses. Cosumnes River College provides an inclusive learning environment and creates dynamic opportunities for the intellectual growth of students, staff and our community.
- The nearest community college to Cosumnes River College is Sacramento City College (7.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,317 students | 7.00 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95822
- 1,385 students | 7.50 Mi8909 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95826
- n/a students | 12.50 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 429 students | 13.40 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 29,133 students | 14.30 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.