- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 19% over five years.
|Carrington College-Sacramento||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||92 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||16||10|
|Total Enrollment||1,385 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,199 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||186 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.75||0.73|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$34,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,219||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,700||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western Career College philosophy is centered on outcome-based learning. The College's focus on retention, placement, and job performance results in graduates who are highly qualified and motivated employees. The communities served by the College benefit from this focus on outcome-based learning and the College's ability to adapt to its changing needs. Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 429 students | 6.20 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 23,317 students | 6.30 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95822
- 29,133 students | 6.80 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 85 students | 7.50 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 14,674 students | 7.50 Mi8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento,  CA  95823
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.