Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (916) 361-1660
- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
The teacher population of 293 teachers has grown by 330% over five years.
|Carrington College-Sacramento||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||293 staff||308 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||16||10|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||79%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$10,376||$10,376|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$6,000|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western Career College philosophy is centered on outcome-based learning. The College's focus on retention, placement, and job performance results in graduates who are highly qualified and motivated employees. The communities served by the College benefit from this focus on outcome-based learning and the College's ability to adapt to its changing needs. Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 596 students | 3.30 Mi1215 Howe Ave Suite 101
Sacramento, CA 95825
(916) 649-9600 3.30596
- 113 students | 5.60 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
(916) 638-7582 5.60113
- 20,829 students | 6.30 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95822
(916) 558-2111 6.3020,829
- 31,265 students | 6.60 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento, CA 95841
(916) 484-8011 6.6031,265
- 756 students | 7.50 Mi5221 Madison Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95841
(916) 339-1500 7.50756
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.