- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carrington College-Sacramento||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||16||10|
|Total Enrollment||1,385 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,199 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||186 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,218||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,700||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western Career College philosophy is centered on outcome-based learning. The College's focus on retention, placement, and job performance results in graduates who are highly qualified and motivated employees. The communities served by the College benefit from this focus on outcome-based learning and the College's ability to adapt to its changing needs. Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
- The nearest community college to Carrington College-Sacramento is San Joaquin Valley College-Rancho Cordova (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.70 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 429 students | 6.20 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 23,317 students | 6.30 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95822
- 29,133 students | 6.80 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 85 students | 7.50 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.