- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carrington College-Sacramento||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||16||10|
|Total Enrollment||1,385 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,199 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||186 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,218||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,700||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western Career College philosophy is centered on outcome-based learning. The College's focus on retention, placement, and job performance results in graduates who are highly qualified and motivated employees. The communities served by the College benefit from this focus on outcome-based learning and the College's ability to adapt to its changing needs. Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
- The nearest community college to Carrington College-Sacramento is San Joaquin Valley College-Rancho Cordova (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 5.70 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 429 students | 6.20 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 23,317 students | 6.30 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95822
- 29,133 students | 6.80 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 85 students | 7.50 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.