- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 41% over five years.
|Carrington College-Sacramento||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||92 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||16||10|
|Total Enrollment||1,385 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,199 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||186 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$34,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,219||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,700||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Western Career College philosophy is centered on outcome-based learning. The College's focus on retention, placement, and job performance results in graduates who are highly qualified and motivated employees. The communities served by the College benefit from this focus on outcome-based learning and the College's ability to adapt to its changing needs. Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 429 students | 6.20 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 23,317 students | 6.30 Mi3835 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95822
- 29,133 students | 6.80 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 85 students | 7.50 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- 14,674 students | 7.50 Mi8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento,  CA  95823
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!