- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
Carrington College-Sacramento serves 1,709 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 69% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,709 students
- Acceptance Rate: 89%
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 69%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Carrington College-Sacramento ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 293 teachers has grown by 432% over five years.
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Carrington College-Sacramento has grown by 52% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five years.
The Carrington College-Sacramento diversity score of 0.76 is more than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The Western Career College philosophy is centered on outcome-based learning. The College's focus on retention, placement, and job performance results in graduates who are highly qualified and motivated employees. The communities served by the College benefit from this focus on outcome-based learning and the College's ability to adapt to its changing needs. Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Carrington College-Sacramento?
The acceptance rate of Carrington College-Sacramento is 89%, which is equal to the state average of 89%.
What is Carrington College-Sacramento's ranking?
Carrington College-Sacramento ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Diversity in US community colleges and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.