- Sacramento City College is an open-access, comprehensive community college, serving a diverse student population. We provide a wide range of educational opportunities and support services leading to transfer, career advancement, basic skills development, and personal enrichment. Through these efforts, we contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and economic vitality of the community.
- Enrollment: 20,027 students
- In-state tuition: $1,104
- Out-state tuition: $7,272
- Student:teacher ratio: 27:1
- Minority enrollment: 72%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Sacramento City College, part of the Los Rios Community College District, provides educational opportunities for nearly 22,000 students at the college and its three outreach centers. Classes are offered to California residents at a tremendous savings over four-year colleges, universities, and trade schools. And SCC is a leader in providing lower division programs that prepare students for successful transfer. We also offer occupational programs that meet the current needs of business and industry. With its many redwood and pine trees, ivy-covered walkways, and mix of classic and modern architecture, Sacramento City College has the look and feel of a traditional university. The purpose of Sacramento City College is to provide academic, training, and social opportunities where critical thinking and critical skills are developed. The college is responsive to the emerging educational needs of the community. The college is a resource for the community, the economic evolution of the community, and a portal to the global marketplace. To implement its philosophical commitments and purpose, the college provides a variety of programs, which include General Education, Occupational Education, Developmental and Basic Skills Education and Distance Education. Sacramento City College is officially accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The University of California and all other accredited colleges and universities give full credit for appropriate courses completed at Sacramento City College.