Sacramento City College
- Sacramento City College is an open-access, comprehensive community college, serving a diverse student population. We provide a wide range of educational opportunities and support services leading to transfer, career advancement, basic skills development, and personal enrichment. Through these efforts, we contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and economic vitality of the community.
- The teacher population of 467 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sacramento City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||467 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||23,317 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||50:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,063 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17,254 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$34,600|
- Sacramento City College, part of the Los Rios Community College District, provides educational opportunities for nearly 22,000 students at the college and its three outreach centers. Classes are offered to California residents at a tremendous savings over four-year colleges, universities, and trade schools. And SCC is a leader in providing lower division programs that prepare students for successful transfer. We also offer occupational programs that meet the current needs of business and industry. With its many redwood and pine trees, ivy-covered walkways, and mix of classic and modern architecture, Sacramento City College has the look and feel of a traditional university. The purpose of Sacramento City College is to provide academic, training, and social opportunities where critical thinking and critical skills are developed. The college is responsive to the emerging educational needs of the community. The college is a resource for the community, the economic evolution of the community, and a portal to the global marketplace. To implement its philosophical commitments and purpose, the college provides a variety of programs, which include General Education, Occupational Education, Developmental and Basic Skills Education and Distance Education. Sacramento City College is officially accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The University of California and all other accredited colleges and universities give full credit for appropriate courses completed at Sacramento City College.
- The nearest community college to Sacramento City College is Carrington College-Sacramento (6.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,385 students | 6.30 Mi8909 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento,  CA  95826
- 14,674 students | 7.00 Mi8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento,  CA  95823
- 60 students | 8.10 Mi2450 Del Paso Road-St 250
Sacramento,  CA  95834
- 29,133 students | 10.60 Mi4700 College Oak Dr
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 748 students | 11.40 Mi5221 Madison Ave
Sacramento,  CA  95841