American River College Photo #3 - ARC's Commercial Music program can serve as a springboard to a rewarding career in audio recording or the music business by giving students the core skills needed to enter the entertainment industry.
- American River College is a State-funded community college, part of the Los Rios Community College District, which also includes Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, and Sacramento City College.
American River College serves 25,422 students (20% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 25,422 students
- In-state tuition: $1,242
- Out-state tuition: $7,272
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 27:1
- Minority enrollment: 55%
- Source: Verified school update
American River College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 958 teachers has grown by 62% over five years.
American River College
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of American River College has declined by 20% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 33:1 over five years.
The American River College diversity score of 0.73 is more than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,242 is less than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has grown by 12% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,272 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The vision of American River College is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. Our mission is to place students first in providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community. American River College, serving the greater Sacramento region, offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve career as well as other academic and personal goals. American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does American River College cost?
American River College's tuition is approximately $1,242 for In-State students and $7,272 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of American River College?
The acceptance rate of American River College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 89%.
What sports does American River College offer?
American River College offers 13 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo.
What is American River College's ranking?
American River College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.