American River College
American River College Photo #2 - ARC's Respiratory Care program prepares students for an exciting career in a growing health field.
American River College Photo #3 - ARC's Commercial Music program can serve as a springboard to a rewarding career in audio recording or the music business by giving students the core skills needed to enter the entertainment industry.
- American River College is a State-funded community college, part of the Los Rios Community College District, which also includes Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, and Sacramento City College.
- The teacher population of 1,006 teachers has grown by 70% over five years.
|American River College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||1,006 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||29,133 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,120 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||22,013 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The vision of American River College is to transform the future of all students and our community through inclusive, equitable education. Our mission is to place students first in providing an academically rich, inclusive environment that inspires critical thinking, learning and achievement, and responsible participation in the community. American River College, serving the greater Sacramento region, offers education and support for students to strengthen basic skills, earn associate degrees and certificates, transfer to other colleges and universities, and achieve career as well as other academic and personal goals. American River College strives to uphold the dignity and humanity of every student and employee. We are committed to equity and social justice through equity-minded education, transformative leadership, and community engagement. We believe this commitment is essential to achieving our mission and enhancing our community.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 748 students | 0.70 Mi5221 Madison Ave
Sacramento,  CA  95841
- 429 students | 1.80 Mi4330 Watt Ave., Suite 400
Sacramento,  CA  95821
- 517 students | 3.50 Mi7301 Greenback Lane, Ste A
Citrus Heights,  CA  95621
- 85 students | 5.00 Mi2339 Gold Meadow Way, Suite 111
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
- n/a students | 5.30 Mi11000 Olson Drive, Suite 100
Rancho Cordova,  CA  95670
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.