College of Alameda
- College of Alameda will be a diverse, supportive, empowering learning community for seekers of knowledge. We are committed to providing a creative, ethical and inclusive environment in which students develop their abilities as thinkers, workers and citizens of the world.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|College of Alameda||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||111 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,712 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||51:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||830 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,882 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As a comprehensive community college, we offer courses and programs that satisfy the transfer requirements of four-year colleges and universities. In addition, a range of vocational/technical programs will prepare you for today's complex work place. These include: Apparel Design and Merchandising, Automotive Technology, Auto Body and Paint, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Business and Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Dental Assisting and Diesel Mechanics. Basic Skills and English as a Second Language courses provide a strong foundation that ensures success in academic and technical programs. Our faculty members are master instructors who are dedicated to the field of teaching and enthusiastically celebrate their students' successes. In addition, the college's classified staff are committed professionals who provide excellent college services in the instructional divisions, counseling, EOPS, DSPS, CalWorks, Financial Aid, tutoring, student support services and information technology. Individual College of Alameda occupational programs are accredited or certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Dental Education for Dental Assistants, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). As a low cost, publicly supported two-year community college, College of Alameda makes available lower division college level work at a moderate cost to students.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,548 students | 1.30 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
- 6,574 students | 6.10 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland,  CA  94619
- 6,321 students | 6.20 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
- 442 students | 6.80 Mi350 Rhode Island Street
San Francisco,  CA  94103
- 527 students | 7.00 Mi55 Stockton St
San Francisco,  CA  94108
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.