- College of Alameda will be a diverse, supportive, empowering learning community for seekers of knowledge. We are committed to providing a creative, ethical and inclusive environment in which students develop their abilities as thinkers, workers and citizens of the world.
- Enrollment: 5,107 students
- In-state tuition: $1,144
- Out-state tuition: $6,256
- Student:teacher ratio: 29:1
- Minority enrollment: 83%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- As a comprehensive community college, we offer courses and programs that satisfy the transfer requirements of four-year colleges and universities. In addition, a range of vocational/technical programs will prepare you for today's complex work place. These include: Apparel Design and Merchandising, Automotive Technology, Auto Body and Paint, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Business and Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Dental Assisting and Diesel Mechanics. Basic Skills and English as a Second Language courses provide a strong foundation that ensures success in academic and technical programs. Our faculty members are master instructors who are dedicated to the field of teaching and enthusiastically celebrate their students' successes. In addition, the college's classified staff are committed professionals who provide excellent college services in the instructional divisions, counseling, EOPS, DSPS, CalWorks, Financial Aid, tutoring, student support services and information technology. Individual College of Alameda occupational programs are accredited or certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Dental Education for Dental Assistants, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). As a low cost, publicly supported two-year community college, College of Alameda makes available lower division college level work at a moderate cost to students.