- Chipola is a comprehensive public college whose mission is to provide accessible, affordable, quality educational opportunities to the residents of Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty and Washington counties and to all others who choose to attend. The college creates a student-oriented atmosphere of educational excellence and maintains an intellectual environment which inspires the full development of each individual’s goals, abilities, and interests. Because there is no substitute for quality instruction, the college empowers faculty members to establish and achieve the highest possible standards. The college also promotes a strong working relationship with communities, businesses, state agencies, and other educational institutions.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has declined by 18% over five years.
|Chipola College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||70 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,080 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||871 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,209 students||655 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||96||184|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,200||$30,300|
- Chipola Junior College was founded in 1947 and operated for one year as a private educational institution. Chipola Junior College entered in a new stage when it officially became Chipola College on August 18, 2003. The name had to be changed because from this time forward Chipola is offering 4 year degrees in Science and Math. The majority of students who attend Chipola College are natives of the five-county district served by the college. Thus, most students are from a rural or small town background. Marianna, with a population of about 10,000, is the largest city in the district. The population of the entire district is less than 94,000. Most regional students commute to the campus. Most out-of-state and foreign students live in Chipola's Residence Hall. Chipola College offers Baccalaureate (four year) degree programs in Secondary or Middle School Education. Chipola College's Math and Science Education degrees prepare students to teach mathematics and/or science in middle and/or high school. Graduates of these programs will be certified to teach either mathematics and/or science in Florida middle or high school. Our Workforce Development programs offer associate degrees and certifications in several fields in addition to offering worker retraining and employee development for area employers.
- The nearest community college to Chipola College is George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan (39.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,854 students | 39.10 Mi1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan,  AL  36303
- 2,470 students | 41.60 Mi2500 E Shotwell St
Bainbridge,  GA  39819
- 2,304 students | 47.10 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
- 6,271 students | 50.00 Mi5230 West U.S. Highway 98
Panama City,  FL  32401
- 12,400 students | 58.10 Mi444 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee,  FL  32304