Bainbridge State College
Tel: (866) 825-1715
- For more than 30 years Bainbridge College has provided higher education to the residents of southwest Georgia. The College is among the fastest growing in the State of Georgia, enjoying a 52 percent increase in enrollment since Fall 2001. The College continues to expand on its commitment to effective teaching and community enhancement. It has provided leadership for community, school, and civic activities and gained a reputation for academic excellence.
The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bainbridge State College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 years but < 4 years|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||94 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As one of 14 two-year colleges and 21 senior colleges and universities comprising the University System of Georgia, Bainbridge College fulfills a goal of the Board of Regents to increase the availability of higher education to citizens throughout the state. Bainbridge College takes pride in its integrated approach to education. The College offers associate of arts and applied science degrees, associate of science degrees, certificates in business and technical fields, noncredit continuing education courses, cooperative degree programs with Southwest Georgia Technical College and Albany Technical College, and off-campus offerings through Georgia Southwestern State University and Albany State University. BC's campus is located on 173 acres of land just inside the city limits on U.S. Highway 84 East. Its physical environment is one of rustic beauty, accentuated by stately pine and moss-draped oak trees. A lake adjoins the campus and further enhances the natural environment and beauty. The College is a community institution with no on-campus residence facilities. Students commute from the nearby towns of Attapulgus, Blakely, Brinson, Cairo, Camilla, Climax, Colquitt, Donalsonville, Iron City, Pelham, Thomasville, and Whigham. With the inclusion of Gadsden County to the College's service area, students from neighboring Florida communities also attend the College as in-state students. The Division of Technical Studies at Bainbridge College offers many options for career programs. These include specialized certificates, regular certificates, and applied science degrees. Additional programs are offered in conjunction with Southwest Georgia Technical College and Albany Technical College in business, health, service, and technology. The Technical Studies Division also offers several programs to area high school students including Tech Prep, Youth Apprenticeship, and PSO. Credit and noncredit course offerings are provided to local business and industry. Bainbridge College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, and Certificate degree levels.
The nearest community college to Bainbridge State College is Tallahassee Community College (33.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,914 students | 33.60 Mi444 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee, FL 32304
(850) 201-6200 33.6011,914
- 4,637 students | 34.20 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville, GA 31792
(229) 225-4096 34.204,637
- 2,081 students | 42.60 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna, FL 32446
(850) 526-2761 42.602,081
- 2,071 students | 49.10 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
(229) 891-7000 49.102,071
- 3,181 students | 49.60 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany, GA 31701
(229) 430-3500 49.603,181
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?