Bainbridge State College
- For more than 30 years Bainbridge College has provided higher education to the residents of southwest Georgia. The College is among the fastest growing in the State of Georgia, enjoying a 52 percent increase in enrollment since Fall 2001. The College continues to expand on its commitment to effective teaching and community enhancement. It has provided leadership for community, school, and civic activities and gained a reputation for academic excellence.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bainbridge State College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,470 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||929 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,541 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,000||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As one of 14 two-year colleges and 21 senior colleges and universities comprising the University System of Georgia, Bainbridge College fulfills a goal of the Board of Regents to increase the availability of higher education to citizens throughout the state. Bainbridge College takes pride in its integrated approach to education. The College offers associate of arts and applied science degrees, associate of science degrees, certificates in business and technical fields, noncredit continuing education courses, cooperative degree programs with Southwest Georgia Technical College and Albany Technical College, and off-campus offerings through Georgia Southwestern State University and Albany State University. BC's campus is located on 173 acres of land just inside the city limits on U.S. Highway 84 East. Its physical environment is one of rustic beauty, accentuated by stately pine and moss-draped oak trees. A lake adjoins the campus and further enhances the natural environment and beauty. The College is a community institution with no on-campus residence facilities. Students commute from the nearby towns of Attapulgus, Blakely, Brinson, Cairo, Camilla, Climax, Colquitt, Donalsonville, Iron City, Pelham, Thomasville, and Whigham. With the inclusion of Gadsden County to the College's service area, students from neighboring Florida communities also attend the College as in-state students. The Division of Technical Studies at Bainbridge College offers many options for career programs. These include specialized certificates, regular certificates, and applied science degrees. Additional programs are offered in conjunction with Southwest Georgia Technical College and Albany Technical College in business, health, service, and technology. The Technical Studies Division also offers several programs to area high school students including Tech Prep, Youth Apprenticeship, and PSO. Credit and noncredit course offerings are provided to local business and industry. Bainbridge College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, and Certificate degree levels.
- The nearest community college to Bainbridge State College is Tallahassee Community College (34.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,400 students | 34.10 Mi444 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee,  FL  32304
- 1,541 students | 35.30 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 2,080 students | 41.60 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna,  FL  32446
- 3,640 students | 50.00 Mi1704 South Slappey Boulevard
Albany,  GA  31701
- 2,071 students | 50.20 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.