- For more than 30 years Bainbridge College has provided higher education to the residents of southwest Georgia. The College is among the fastest growing in the State of Georgia, enjoying a 52 percent increase in enrollment since Fall 2001. The College continues to expand on its commitment to effective teaching and community enhancement. It has provided leadership for community, school, and civic activities and gained a reputation for academic excellence.
Bainbridge State College serves 2,470 students (38% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 53%.
- Enrollment: 2,470 students
- In-state tuition: $3,174
- Out-state tuition: $9,100
- Acceptance Rate: 71%
- Student:teacher ratio: 32:1
- Minority enrollment: 58%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Bainbridge State College
(GA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 years but < 4 years
The student population of Bainbridge State College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 32:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Bainbridge State College diversity score of 0.55 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,174 is less than the state average of $3,488. The in-state tuition has grown by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,100 is more than the state average of $7,256. The out-state tuition has grown by 8% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Reading (Year 2012)
SAT Math (Year 2012)
ACT Composite (Year 2012)
ACT English (Year 2012)
ACT Math (Year 2012)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- As one of 14 two-year colleges and 21 senior colleges and universities comprising the University System of Georgia, Bainbridge College fulfills a goal of the Board of Regents to increase the availability of higher education to citizens throughout the state. Bainbridge College takes pride in its integrated approach to education. The College offers associate of arts and applied science degrees, associate of science degrees, certificates in business and technical fields, noncredit continuing education courses, cooperative degree programs with Southwest Georgia Technical College and Albany Technical College, and off-campus offerings through Georgia Southwestern State University and Albany State University. BC's campus is located on 173 acres of land just inside the city limits on U.S. Highway 84 East. Its physical environment is one of rustic beauty, accentuated by stately pine and moss-draped oak trees. A lake adjoins the campus and further enhances the natural environment and beauty. The College is a community institution with no on-campus residence facilities. Students commute from the nearby towns of Attapulgus, Blakely, Brinson, Cairo, Camilla, Climax, Colquitt, Donalsonville, Iron City, Pelham, Thomasville, and Whigham. With the inclusion of Gadsden County to the College's service area, students from neighboring Florida communities also attend the College as in-state students. The Division of Technical Studies at Bainbridge College offers many options for career programs. These include specialized certificates, regular certificates, and applied science degrees. Additional programs are offered in conjunction with Southwest Georgia Technical College and Albany Technical College in business, health, service, and technology. The Technical Studies Division also offers several programs to area high school students including Tech Prep, Youth Apprenticeship, and PSO. Credit and noncredit course offerings are provided to local business and industry. Bainbridge College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, and Certificate degree levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bainbridge State College cost?
Bainbridge State College's tuition is approximately $3,174 for In-State students and $9,100 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Bainbridge State College?
The acceptance rate of Bainbridge State College is 71%, which is higher than the state average of 69%.
What is Bainbridge State College's ranking?
Bainbridge State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Georgia for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.