- At Gulf Coast Community College, a comprehensive public institution, we provide high quality, affordable educational, training, and enrichment programs. We serve primarily the residents of Florida’s Bay, Gulf, and Franklin counties.
Gulf Coast State College serves 4,410 students (37% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 4,410 students
- In-state tuition: $2,765
- Out-state tuition: $10,072
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 27%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Gulf Coast State College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 427 teachers has grown by 151% over five years.
Gulf Coast State College
(FL) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Gulf Coast State College has declined by 18% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five years.
The Gulf Coast State College diversity score of 0.45 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 9% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,765 is less than the state average of $3,280. The in-state tuition has grown by 16% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,072 is less than the state average of $10,578. The out-state tuition has grown by 16% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Gulf Coast State College provides a first-class education with an emphasis on success. With some of the lowest tuition rates in Florida, Gulf Coast offers over 150 programs focused on quality and practicality.The College offers four bachelor’s degrees in Digital Media, Technology Management, Nursing and Organizational Management with specializations in Entrepreneurship, Health Services Administration and Emergency Services Administration. Our students may pursue an Associate in Arts degree with 75 different transfer-tracks, workforce specific Associate in Science degrees and technical certifications, including the Educator Preparation Institute.We serve students in traditional classes, online courses, Corporate College and professional training courses with classes at convenient times and in multiple locations. In addition to the main campus in Panama City, the College holds classes at Tyndall Air Force Base, the North Bay Campus in Southport and the Gulf/Franklin Campus in Port St. Joe. The College is also recognized as one of the top-tier military friendly colleges in the country, providing a supportive environment for active duty, reservist and dependents as well as veterans. Our goal at Gulf Coast State College is simple – to offer the highest quality, accessible and affordable education and training. Our students really start here and go anywhere!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gulf Coast State College cost?
Gulf Coast State College's tuition is approximately $2,765 for In-State students and $10,072 for Out-State students.
What is Gulf Coast State College's ranking?
Gulf Coast State College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Florida for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.