Gulf Coast State College
- At Gulf Coast Community College, a comprehensive public institution, we provide high quality, affordable educational, training, and enrichment programs. We serve primarily the residents of Florida’s Bay, Gulf, and Franklin counties.
- The teacher population of 170 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gulf Coast State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||170 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,271 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,224 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,047 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,800||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gulf Coast State College provides a first-class education with an emphasis on success. With some of the lowest tuition rates in Florida, Gulf Coast offers over 150 programs focused on quality and practicality.The College offers four bachelor’s degrees in Digital Media, Technology Management, Nursing and Organizational Management with specializations in Entrepreneurship, Health Services Administration and Emergency Services Administration. Our students may pursue an Associate in Arts degree with 75 different transfer-tracks, workforce specific Associate in Science degrees and technical certifications, including the Educator Preparation Institute.We serve students in traditional classes, online courses, Corporate College and professional training courses with classes at convenient times and in multiple locations. In addition to the main campus in Panama City, the College holds classes at Tyndall Air Force Base, the North Bay Campus in Southport and the Gulf/Franklin Campus in Port St. Joe. The College is also recognized as one of the top-tier military friendly colleges in the country, providing a supportive environment for active duty, reservist and dependents as well as veterans. Our goal at Gulf Coast State College is simple – to offer the highest quality, accessible and affordable education and training. Our students really start here and go anywhere!
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,080 students | 50.00 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna,  FL  32446
- 6,708 students | 56.10 Mi100 College Blvd. E.
Niceville,  FL  32578
- 2,304 students | 76.80 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
- 12,400 students | 80.10 Mi444 Appleyard Dr
Tallahassee,  FL  32304
- 4,854 students | 80.80 Mi1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan,  AL  36303
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.