George C Wallace Community College-Dothan
- George C. Wallace Community College, a comprehensive community college, seeks to provide accessible quality educational opportunities, promote economic growth, and enhance the quality of life of its constituents.
The teacher population of 340 teachers has grown by 32% over five years.
|George C Wallace Community College-Dothan||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||340 staff||153 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace Community college is founding a Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) to strengthen faculty capabilities in utilizing technology in the teaching/learning process. It will provide training and support for faculty, with a focus on strengthening skills in the use of technology. Structured as a multi-service resource facility, the CIE will support faculty revising and developing curricula and course materials and assessing their efforts to integrate technology into instruction. Wallace Community College offers student activities, programs, and services that promote leadership, academic support, and social and cultural experiences. Wallace Community College awards financial assistance on a continuous basis for the entire year for the campus-based programs (FWS, FSEOG, and ASAP. The primary purpose of student financial assistance programs at Wallace Community College is to assist students with meeting the cost of their education. Eligibility for grants is based on financial need.
The nearest community college to George C Wallace Community College-Dothan is Enterprise State Community College (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,804 students | 2.70 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise, AL 36330
(334) 347-2623 2.701,804
- 1,767 students | 39.50 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia, AL 36420
(334) 222-6591 39.501,767
- 1,731 students | 40.90 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia, AL 36420
(334) 222-6591 40.901,731
- 1,939 students | 47.90 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna, FL 32446
(850) 526-2761 47.901,939
- 5,025 students | 65.80 Mi100 College Boulevard
Niceville, FL 32578
(850) 678-5111 65.805,025
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.