George C Wallace Community College-Dothan
Tel: (334) 983-3521
- George C. Wallace Community College, a comprehensive community college, seeks to provide accessible quality educational opportunities, promote economic growth, and enhance the quality of life of its constituents.
The teacher population of 164 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|George C Wallace Community College-Dothan||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||164 staff||75 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace Community college is founding a Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) to strengthen faculty capabilities in utilizing technology in the teaching/learning process. It will provide training and support for faculty, with a focus on strengthening skills in the use of technology. Structured as a multi-service resource facility, the CIE will support faculty revising and developing curricula and course materials and assessing their efforts to integrate technology into instruction. Wallace Community College offers student activities, programs, and services that promote leadership, academic support, and social and cultural experiences. Wallace Community College awards financial assistance on a continuous basis for the entire year for the campus-based programs (FWS, FSEOG, and ASAP. The primary purpose of student financial assistance programs at Wallace Community College is to assist students with meeting the cost of their education. Eligibility for grants is based on financial need.
The nearest community college to George C Wallace Community College-Dothan is Enterprise State Community College (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,705 students | 2.70 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
(334) 347-2623 2.701,705
- 1,784 students | 39.50 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
(334) 222-6591 39.501,784
- 1,731 students | 40.90 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia,  AL  36420
(334) 222-6591 40.901,731
- 2,081 students | 47.90 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna,  FL  32446
(850) 526-2761 47.902,081
- 5,497 students | 65.80 Mi100 College Boulevard
Niceville,  FL  32578
(850) 678-5111 65.805,497
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.