Chattanooga State Community College
- Chattanooga State is a comprehensive, regionally accredited comprehensive community college in the Tennessee Board of Regents College System. Founded in 1965, Chattanooga State offers a wide array of programs and services including Degree and certificate study for career preparation and advancement, University parallel (transfer) studies leading to associate degrees, Partnerships with secondary schools, state and community agencies, and the private sector, Non-credit coursework (including CEU study), Transitional Studies (reading, writing and basic math), Adult education/GED preparation/English as Second Language, Technological and occupational training and Cultural diversity and environmental health initiatives.
- Enrollment: 7,452 students
- In-state tuition: $3,853
- Out-state tuition: $14,917
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Opened in September 1965 on Fourth and Chestnut Streets, the College was known as Chattanooga State Technical Institute, a two-year, co-educational, college level institution. It was the state's first technical college, and Southeast Tennessee's first public institution of higher education. In 1967, the College moved to its present location; since then, it has grown into a multi-million dollar complex. Chattanooga State Technical Institute's goal was to prepare students with marketable technical skills that would bridge the gap between the engineer and the craftsman. The technical programs offered A.S. and A.E. degrees and certificate programs, while remaining flexible to students and industry needs. In 1973, Chattanooga State Technical Institute turned into Chattanooga State Technical Community College. Chattanooga State serves a six-county area of Southeast Tennessee and bordering counties of north Georgia and Alabama as an open-entry postsecondary institution offering over 50 majors of study toward these degrees and certificates. The college offers Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, Technical Certificates, Institutional Certificates. Chattanooga State is nationally recognized for entrepreneurial initiatives, excellence in student support, curricular innovation, use of technology, and responsiveness to its community. The College is a leader in community, economic and workforce development, the use of advanced technologies in instruction, life-transforming support services based on a culture of care for all students and employees, and maintaining an environment of open access to learning where high academic standards and personal integrity are prized. Chattanooga State affords equal opportunity to all persons.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chattanooga State Community College cost?
Chattanooga State Community College's tuition is approximately $3,853 for In-State students and $14,917 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Chattanooga State Community College?
The acceptance rate of Chattanooga State Community College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 99%.