Cleveland State Community College
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cleveland State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||110 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,500 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,500 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,000 students||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$29,400|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Collegiate FFA, Multiple Clubs and Organizations, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir and Vocal Rhapsody
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Intramural dodge ball, ping-pong, pool, wiffle ball
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cleveland State Community College, a two-year institution within the Tennessee Board of Regents System, provides accessible, responsive, and quality educational opportunities primarily for residents of southeastern Tennessee. The College delivers developmental education, university transfer programming, workforce training, and community services. By engaging students in the learning process, the College aspires to promote success, enhance quality of life, and encourage civic involvement. The College strives to be a responsible partner in lifelong learning for the individual and in economic development for the region.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Cleveland State Community College is Miller-Motte Technical College-Chattanooga (20.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 348 students | 20.60 Mi6397 Lee Highway, Suite 100
Chattanooga,  TN  37421
- 9,332 students | 21.90 Mi4501 Amnicola Hwy
Chattanooga,  TN  37406
- 345 students | 23.30 Mi721 Eastgate Loop Rd.
Chattanooga,  TN  37411
- 347 students | 24.20 Mi248 Northgate Mall Drive
Chattanooga,  TN  37415
- 4,854 students | 30.70 Mi650 College Drive
Dalton,  GA  30720
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.