Dalton State College
- Dalton State College serves Northwest Georgia by offering associate, certificate, and targeted baccalaureate programs of study as well as a wide variety of public service and continuing education activities. Located at the center of the greatest concentration of carpet production in the world, the College is a comprehensive institution, one of only two in the University System authorized to offer a full range of technical programs in addition to the traditional pre-baccalaureate curricula and targeted baccalaureate offerings which meet workforce development needs of the Northwest Georgia area. Through direct and technological collaboration with neighboring technical institutes and other colleges and universities on the one hand, and outreach and cooperation with local preschool, primary, and secondary systems on the other, Dalton State College acts as an educational broker to meet the needs of business and industry and to provide opportunities for all persons within its service area to live self-fulfilling and productive lives.
- The teacher population of 180 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dalton State College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||180 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,854 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,034 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,820 students||1,473 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||298||461|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Chartered in 1963 as the 24th member institution of the University System of Georgia, Dalton State has steadily grown in size and breadth to meet the educational needs of Northwest Georgia. Currently enrolling more than 4200 students from Georgia, Tennessee, and 35 nations, DSC offers a wide variety of one and two-year technical programs, and an equally broad array of two-year transfer associate degree programs. But the biggest recent development has been the addition of a focused group of bachelor's degrees, designed to meet the high priority needs of the region. Today, Dalton State College offers baccalaureate degrees in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Management, Marketing Systems, Management Information Systems, Technology Management, Industrial Operations Management,Accounting, Biology and Mathematics. In conjunction with our academic programs, DSC offers many services that can help our students achieve success. An Academic and Career Enhancement Center, a Math Lab, a Writing Lab, an Evening and Extended Campus Office, an expanded and well-equipped Library, a variety of computer labs, and a full array of student clubs and organizations help provide a warm, personal, and invigorating climate for learning on our picturesque, well-maintained campus. And if a special purpose short course, workshop, or seminar is among your needs, our Center for Continuing Education offers over 400 such non-credit programs to more than 8,000 persons annually. Dalton State College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate and Bachelor's degrees.
- The nearest community college to Dalton State College is Northwestern Technical College (14.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,328 students | 14.00 Mi265 Bicentennial Trail
Rock Spring,  GA  30739
- 345 students | 20.20 Mi721 Eastgate Loop Rd.
Chattanooga,  TN  37411
- 347 students | 21.90 Mi248 Northgate Mall Drive
Chattanooga,  TN  37415
- 348 students | 21.90 Mi6397 Lee Highway, Suite 100
Chattanooga,  TN  37421
- 9,332 students | 26.10 Mi4501 Amnicola Hwy
Chattanooga,  TN  37406
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.