Northwestern Technical College
|Northwestern Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||2,328 students||2,588 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
- Northwestern Technical College is a higher education institution of the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education and the primary provider of accessible, high quality educational opportunities in Northwest Georgia. It is an integral component of a seamless educational system offering programs of study that result in the student's achievement of career and personal goals. Northwestern provides educational experiences that produce graduates noted for their excellence as employees and as lifelong learners. Northwestern Technical College was founded by an Act of the Georgia General Assembly in 1964. The original facility, now the 100 building on the main campus, first housed classes in the fall of 1966. Then known as the Walker County Area Vocational-Technical School, it offered diplomas in eight programs of instruction to 150 students.In the year 2000, there was another name change, this time to Northwestern Technical College. This name is intended to show not only the service area of the college, but also the growing academic opportunities available to its students. Northwestern now offers 18 degree options, along with 24 diplomas and 38 certificates of credit, to over 2,500 students. The Northwestern Technical College Foundation was established in 1988 to encourage private contributions in order to build and maintain outstanding academic and support programs at the college. Donations to the NTC Foundation support areas of institutional need including scholarships to deserving students, equipment purchases, materials for the library, and staff development. Northwestern Technical College is accredited by Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree in Nursing, the Associate of Applied Technology Degree, the Diploma, and the Technical Certificate.
- The nearest community college to Northwestern Technical College is Virginia College-School of Business and Health-Chattanooga (13.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 345 students | 13.90 Mi721 Eastgate Loop Rd.
Chattanooga,  TN  37411
- 4,854 students | 14.00 Mi650 College Drive
Dalton,  GA  30720
- 347 students | 14.70 Mi248 Northgate Mall Drive
Chattanooga,  TN  37415
- 348 students | 17.00 Mi6397 Lee Highway, Suite 100
Chattanooga,  TN  37421
- 9,332 students | 19.80 Mi4501 Amnicola Hwy
Chattanooga,  TN  37406