- Founded in 1961 and established primarily as a transfer institution to prepare students for admission to four-year colleges and universities, Chabot College has earned a solid reputation for educational excellence. Chabot?s student demographics have, in particular, changed dramatically since our inception.
- The teacher population of 286 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chabot College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||286 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,047 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,857 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,190 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,800||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since 1967 the Chabot College Foundation has established its presence in the region. During the past year, 12 campus programs received financial support through the efforts of the Board's charitable work. The faculty and staff of Chabot College are committed to supporting student success. Last year Chabot College hosted over 100 international students from 30 different countries. Thousands of other international students have graduated, improved their English and transferred to a university throughout the past years. Career counseling provides the student with an opportunity for clarification and integration of career and educational goals, study of careers and lifestyles, vocational and career testing, and presentation of resource speakers. Counselors also provide courses and one-to-one career counseling. Student Services provides a variety of programs and procedures through which individuals are brought into the college for instruction, assisted in career planning & development, asissted in planning for and pursuing courses of study, provided with avenues for obtaining financial aid & employment, and given an opportunity to participate in many different activities. Student Services is also responsible for record-keeping and reporting in matters relating to student progress, attendance, and status, for health & emergency care procedures, and for the general supervision and control of the campus. The Media Services Center provides multimedia products and services designed to support and enhance faculty instruction, class projects, and campus events. Communication of the subject matter, retention of information and a lively exchange of ideas is certainly improved when all of our senses are engaged.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 4.20 Mi15555 E. 14th Street, Suite 500
San Leandro,  CA  94578
- 6,574 students | 10.80 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland,  CA  94619
- 11,318 students | 13.00 Mi43600 Mission Blvd
Fremont,  CA  94539
- 5,712 students | 13.50 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
- 10,548 students | 13.60 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.