Tel: (510) 723-6600
- Founded in 1961 and established primarily as a transfer institution to prepare students for admission to four-year colleges and universities, Chabot College has earned a solid reputation for educational excellence. Chabot?s student demographics have, in particular, changed dramatically since our inception.
The teacher population of 286 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chabot College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||286 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since 1967 the Chabot College Foundation has established its presence in the region. During the past year, 12 campus programs received financial support through the efforts of the Board's charitable work. The faculty and staff of Chabot College are committed to supporting student success. Last year Chabot College hosted over 100 international students from 30 different countries. Thousands of other international students have graduated, improved their English and transferred to a university throughout the past years. Career counseling provides the student with an opportunity for clarification and integration of career and educational goals, study of careers and lifestyles, vocational and career testing, and presentation of resource speakers. Counselors also provide courses and one-to-one career counseling. Student Services provides a variety of programs and procedures through which individuals are brought into the college for instruction, assisted in career planning & development, asissted in planning for and pursuing courses of study, provided with avenues for obtaining financial aid & employment, and given an opportunity to participate in many different activities. Student Services is also responsible for record-keeping and reporting in matters relating to student progress, attendance, and status, for health & emergency care procedures, and for the general supervision and control of the campus. The Media Services Center provides multimedia products and services designed to support and enhance faculty instruction, class projects, and campus events. Communication of the subject matter, retention of information and a lively exchange of ideas is certainly improved when all of our senses are engaged.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 251 students | 4.20 Mi15555 East 14th St., Ste. 500
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510) 276-3888 4.20251
- 7,453 students | 10.80 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland, CA 94619
(510) 531-4911 10.807,453
- 8,835 students | 13.00 Mi43600 Mission Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510) 659-6000 13.008,835
- 6,389 students | 13.50 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 13.506,389
- 10,404 students | 13.60 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 13.6010,404
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.