Ohlone College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 243 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohlone College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||243 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,318 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,180 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,138 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,700||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ohlone is one of 112 community colleges in the State of California, which offer the associate degree or the first two years of study toward a bachelor's degree. Many students then transfer to complete their four-year degree at an institution in the California State University or University of California systems or at other public or private universities. Located above the northern reaches of Silicon Valley and the southern border of San Francisco Bay, Ohlone's Fremont campus has 300 acres reserved for open space. The campus offers a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing learning environment. At the center is the nine-building Academic Village, composed of classroom buildings dedicated to music, chemistry, computer studies, physics, art, business administration, allied health, and biology; two fully equipped lecture halls; the Hochler Student Center; Epler Gymnasium; and an Olympic size swimming pool. Ward Blanchard Center, at the core of the Academic Village, houses the Learning Resources Center, which include the Library. Surrounding this center cluster are other College facilities, including the Gary Soren Smith Center for Fine and Performing Arts, the Morris and Alvirda Hyman Center for Business and Technology, the Early Childhood Studies Lab, Gallaudet University Regional Center, the Student Health Center, other faculty and business offices, and the Athletics fields and facilities. Ohlone College is an accredited college, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Ohlone College is also authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to enroll non-immigrant students.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,435 students | 10.10 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara,  CA  95054
- 13,047 students | 12.80 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward,  CA  94545
- 8,835 students | 14.10 Mi3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore,  CA  94551
- 9,072 students | 14.60 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose,  CA  95128
- 23,104 students | 16.00 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino,  CA  95014
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.