Ohlone College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 423 teachers has grown by 79% over five years.
|Ohlone College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||423 staff||308 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ohlone is one of 112 community colleges in the State of California, which offer the associate degree or the first two years of study toward a bachelor's degree. Many students then transfer to complete their four-year degree at an institution in the California State University or University of California systems or at other public or private universities. Located above the northern reaches of Silicon Valley and the southern border of San Francisco Bay, Ohlone's Fremont campus has 300 acres reserved for open space. The campus offers a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing learning environment. At the center is the nine-building Academic Village, composed of classroom buildings dedicated to music, chemistry, computer studies, physics, art, business administration, allied health, and biology; two fully equipped lecture halls; the Hochler Student Center; Epler Gymnasium; and an Olympic size swimming pool. Ward Blanchard Center, at the core of the Academic Village, houses the Learning Resources Center, which include the Library. Surrounding this center cluster are other College facilities, including the Gary Soren Smith Center for Fine and Performing Arts, the Morris and Alvirda Hyman Center for Business and Technology, the Early Childhood Studies Lab, Gallaudet University Regional Center, the Student Health Center, other faculty and business offices, and the Athletics fields and facilities. Ohlone College is an accredited college, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Ohlone College is also authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to enroll non-immigrant students.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,995 students | 10.30 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 855-5007 10.306,995
- 13,522 students | 13.00 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6600 13.0013,522
- 8,706 students | 14.30 Mi3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 424-1000 14.308,706
- 8,760 students | 14.70 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 298-2181 14.708,760
- 18,669 students | 16.00 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 864-5678 16.0018,669
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.