Ohlone College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 243 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohlone College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||243 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ohlone is one of 112 community colleges in the State of California, which offer the associate degree or the first two years of study toward a bachelor's degree. Many students then transfer to complete their four-year degree at an institution in the California State University or University of California systems or at other public or private universities. Located above the northern reaches of Silicon Valley and the southern border of San Francisco Bay, Ohlone's Fremont campus has 300 acres reserved for open space. The campus offers a peaceful and aesthetically pleasing learning environment. At the center is the nine-building Academic Village, composed of classroom buildings dedicated to music, chemistry, computer studies, physics, art, business administration, allied health, and biology; two fully equipped lecture halls; the Hochler Student Center; Epler Gymnasium; and an Olympic size swimming pool. Ward Blanchard Center, at the core of the Academic Village, houses the Learning Resources Center, which include the Library. Surrounding this center cluster are other College facilities, including the Gary Soren Smith Center for Fine and Performing Arts, the Morris and Alvirda Hyman Center for Business and Technology, the Early Childhood Studies Lab, Gallaudet University Regional Center, the Student Health Center, other faculty and business offices, and the Athletics fields and facilities. Ohlone College is an accredited college, accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Ohlone College is also authorized by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to enroll non-immigrant students.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,780 students | 10.30 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 988-2200 10.307,780
- 13,833 students | 13.00 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6600 13.0013,833
- 8,978 students | 14.30 Mi3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 424-1000 14.308,978
- 9,270 students | 14.70 Mi2100 Moorpark Ave
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 298-2181 14.709,270
- 19,482 students | 16.00 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 864-5678 16.0019,482
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.