Lower Columbia College
|Lower Columbia College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||213 staff||157 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
- Lower Columbia College is located in Longview, where the Cowlitz River finishes its run from Mt. Rainier to the mighty Columbia River. Most Lower Columbia College students live in Cowlitz and Wahkiakum counties in Washington, or commute from nearby Oregon communities. LCC is part of the Washington State community and technical college system. Founded in 1934, LCC is one of the state's first community colleges. The beautiful campus has grown over the years to 26 buildings on 38.75 acres at the heart of Longview, and includes a modern library, computing and tutoring centers, new health & science building, newly renovated gym & fitness center, art gallery, bookstore, and more. Lower Columbia College offers college degrees and certificates in more than 70 fields. We also offer non-credit Community Education and Senior Studies classes, as well as high school completion, adult basic education and English as a Second Language. Courses and programs available in the following disciplines: Accounting, Advanced Technology Manufacturing, Adult Basic Education, Automotive/Diesel Technology, Allied Health, American Sign Language, Anthropology, Art, Astronomy, Biology, Blueprint Reading, Business Administration, Business Technology, Chemical Dependency Studies, Chemistry, Chinese, College Success, Computer Aided Design, Computer Science, Continuing Education, Cooperative Education, Criminal Justice, Dance, Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technology, Drafting, Drama, Early Childhood Education, Earth Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, English as a Second Language, Environmental Science, GED preparation, Geography, Geology, High School Completion, Human Development, History, Health, Humanities, Information Technology Systems, Library/Learning Commons, Machine Trades, Manufacturing, Mathematics, Medical Assisting, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Music, Nursing, Nutrition, Oceanography, Paraeducator, Physical Education, Philosophy, Physics, Physical Science, Political Science, Process Control Manufacturing, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Speech, Technology and Welding Technology. LCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and operates under approval granted by the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges and the Washington Student Achievement Council.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,878 students | 37.70 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663
(360) 992-2000 37.709,878
- 3,167 students | 39.70 Mi600 Centralia College Blvd.
Centralia, WA 98531
(360) 736-9391 39.703,167
- 815 students | 42.50 Mi1651 Lexington Avenue
Astoria, OR 97103
(503) 325-0910 42.50815
- 234 students | 44.30 Mi2004 Lloyd Center, 3rd Fl.
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 761-6100 44.30234
- 446 students | 44.60 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 281-4181 44.60446