Carteret Community College
- CarteretCommunity college will be a leader in improving the quality of life for all citizens of Carteret county and Eastern North Carolina by offering high -quality ,innovative education , training , enrichment and support to all who need and value these services.
- Enrollment: 1,347 students
- In-state tuition: $2,676
- Out-state tuition: $7,284
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1963, Carteret Community College is one of 59 institutions comprising the N.C. Community College System. Located in Morehead City, N.C., the college lies on the shores of the beautiful Bogue Sound -- part of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. In the early years, the college offered a limited number of vocational technical courses such as marine diesel, small engine repair, air conditioning and heating, and electrical. Today, the college features a wide-range of educational, technical and vocational programs. With more than 100 courses to choose from, students can pursue programs leading to a certificate, diploma or associate degree. The courses of study include: Aquaculture, Basic Law Enforcement, Business Administration, Construction Trades, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Culinary Technology, Early Childhood Associate/Teacher Associate, Electrical/Electronics, Emergency Medical/Paramedic, Esthetics, Fine Arts, Firefighter Training, Information Systems, Interior Design, Internet Technologies, Healthcare Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Marine Propulsion, Office Systems Technology, Paralegal Technology, Photographic Technology, Therapeutic Massage, Therapeutic Recreation, Welding, and a wide range of Health Science programs. The college transfer curriculum is one of the most popular programs, and enables students to obtain an associate in arts or associate in science degree and transfer to a four-year institution. Additionally, the college offers a variety of Corporate and Community Education courses to provide general education opportunities for upgrading job skills, gaining certification, and satisfying personal interests. These courses are offered on a continual basis, and include: several pre-licensing courses, computer applications, desktop publishing, First Aid/CPR, emergency medical technician certification, and a variety of Basic Skills courses. Accredited by the Southern Association Colleges and Schools since 1974, the college has 130 full-time and 248 part-time employees who provide quality education, training and support. Using innovative means of instruction such as telecourses and Internet-based courses, the college is committed to creating an accessible positive learning environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Carteret Community College cost?
Carteret Community College's tuition is approximately $2,676 for In-State students and $7,284 for Out-State students.
What is Carteret Community College's ranking?
Carteret Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Least expensive tuition.
View the Carteret Community College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Mid-Semester Break (Spring Break) March 07, 2023 (Tuesday)
- 2023 Summer Incomplete (Last Day to Remove) November 03, 2023 (Friday)
- 2023 Fall Incomplete (Last Day to Remove) March 21, 2024 (Thursday)
- 2024 Spring Incomplete (Last Day to Remove) July 15, 2024 (Monday)