Carteret Community College
- CarteretCommunity college will be a leader in improving the quality of life for all citizens of Carteret county and Eastern North Carolina by offering high -quality ,innovative education , training , enrichment and support to all who need and value these services.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carteret Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,659 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||576 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,083 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,900||$27,500|
- Founded in 1963, Carteret Community College is one of 59 institutions comprising the N.C. Community College System. Located in Morehead City, N.C., the college lies on the shores of the beautiful Bogue Sound -- part of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. In the early years, the college offered a limited number of vocational technical courses such as marine diesel, small engine repair, air conditioning and heating, and electrical. Today, the college features a wide-range of educational, technical and vocational programs. With more than 100 courses to choose from, students can pursue programs leading to a certificate, diploma or associate degree. The courses of study include: Aquaculture, Basic Law Enforcement, Business Administration, Construction Trades, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Culinary Technology, Early Childhood Associate/Teacher Associate, Electrical/Electronics, Emergency Medical/Paramedic, Esthetics, Fine Arts, Firefighter Training, Information Systems, Interior Design, Internet Technologies, Healthcare Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Marine Propulsion, Office Systems Technology, Paralegal Technology, Photographic Technology, Therapeutic Massage, Therapeutic Recreation, Welding, and a wide range of Health Science programs. The college transfer curriculum is one of the most popular programs, and enables students to obtain an associate in arts or associate in science degree and transfer to a four-year institution. Additionally, the college offers a variety of Corporate and Community Education courses to provide general education opportunities for upgrading job skills, gaining certification, and satisfying personal interests. These courses are offered on a continual basis, and include: several pre-licensing courses, computer applications, desktop publishing, First Aid/CPR, emergency medical technician certification, and a variety of Basic Skills courses. Accredited by the Southern Association Colleges and Schools since 1974, the college has 130 full-time and 248 part-time employees who provide quality education, training and support. Using innovative means of instruction such as telecourses and Internet-based courses, the college is committed to creating an accessible positive learning environment.
- The nearest community college to Carteret Community College is Pamlico Community College (24.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 410 students | 24.30 Mi5049 Hwy 306 South
Grantsboro,  NC  28529
- 2,991 students | 33.40 Mi800 College Ct
New Bern,  NC  28562
- 4,355 students | 35.80 Mi444 Western Blvd
Jacksonville,  NC  28546
- 2,035 students | 57.20 Mi5337 US Highway 264 East
Washington,  NC  27889
- 2,959 students | 58.10 Mi231 Highway 58 South
Kinston,  NC  28502