Coastal Carolina Community College
- As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, Coastal Carolina Community College provides opportunities for quality post-secondary education, workforce training and lifelong learning for the civilian and military population of Onslow County, within the limits of available resources. Coastal values academic excellence, focuses on learning outcomes and student success, provides leadership for community cooperation and actively promotes the economic development of Onslow County.
- Enrollment: 3,571 students
- In-state tuition: $2,334
- Out-state tuition: $8,478
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In the fall of 1963, the Onslow County Board of Education and the Superintendent of Schools, Mr. J. Paul Tyndall, asked the Onslow County Commissioners to purchase 40 acres of property on U.S. Highway 17 for the establishment of an industrial education center. The newly established Onslow Industrial Education Center was a unit of the Lenior County Technical Institute. In 1972, with the dedication of the Hugh A. Ragsdale Building, the Board of Trustees started the relocation of the college to a new campus on Western Boulevard. For several years thereafter, the college operated on a split-campus until relocation was completed in 1978. Located in Jacksonville, North Carolina, home to Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station, New River, Coastal recognizes that we serve two very distinct communities - a proud military community, rich with tradition and reverence for our American heritage, and an equally proud civilian community, who remain steadfast and solid amidst constant change. Coastal Carolina Community College provides Associate Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates, Lifelong Learning, Workforce Development, Personal and Cultural Enrichment, Customized Training, Comprehensive Student Support, Developmental Education and Adult Basic Skills, an aggressive Program of Economic Development and accessible education including Distance Learning. Coastal Carolina Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Coastal Carolina Community College cost?
Coastal Carolina Community College's tuition is approximately $2,334 for In-State students and $8,478 for Out-State students.
What is Coastal Carolina Community College's ranking?
Coastal Carolina Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Least debt for graduating students.