- As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, Coastal Carolina Community College provides opportunities for quality post-secondary education, workforce training and lifelong learning for the civilian and military population of Onslow County, within the limits of available resources. Coastal values academic excellence, focuses on learning outcomes and student success, provides leadership for community cooperation and actively promotes the economic development of Onslow County.
Coastal Carolina Community College serves 3,571 students (45% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is same as the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,571 students
- In-state tuition: $2,334
- Out-state tuition: $8,478
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Coastal Carolina Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 420 teachers has grown by 58% over five years.
Coastal Carolina Community College
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Coastal Carolina Community College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Coastal Carolina Community College diversity score of 0.53 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,334 is less than the state average of $2,531. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,478 is more than the state average of $8,245. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- In the fall of 1963, the Onslow County Board of Education and the Superintendent of Schools, Mr. J. Paul Tyndall, asked the Onslow County Commissioners to purchase 40 acres of property on U.S. Highway 17 for the establishment of an industrial education center. The newly established Onslow Industrial Education Center was a unit of the Lenior County Technical Institute. In 1972, with the dedication of the Hugh A. Ragsdale Building, the Board of Trustees started the relocation of the college to a new campus on Western Boulevard. For several years thereafter, the college operated on a split-campus until relocation was completed in 1978. Located in Jacksonville, North Carolina, home to Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station, New River, Coastal recognizes that we serve two very distinct communities - a proud military community, rich with tradition and reverence for our American heritage, and an equally proud civilian community, who remain steadfast and solid amidst constant change. Coastal Carolina Community College provides Associate Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates, Lifelong Learning, Workforce Development, Personal and Cultural Enrichment, Customized Training, Comprehensive Student Support, Developmental Education and Adult Basic Skills, an aggressive Program of Economic Development and accessible education including Distance Learning. Coastal Carolina Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Coastal Carolina Community College cost?
Coastal Carolina Community College's tuition is approximately $2,334 for In-State students and $8,478 for Out-State students.
What is Coastal Carolina Community College's ranking?
Coastal Carolina Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Least debt for graduating students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.