Pamlico Community College
- Pamlico Community College, a two-year college with an open door policy, is committed to providing accessible and affordable quality education, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by the college. The College offers curriculum programs for certificate, diploma, and terminal Applied Science degrees and transfer options through the Associate in Arts degree; Continuing Education programs providing short-term occupational extension training, avocational courses, and basic skills and services to businesses, groups, and individuals that improve the quality of life.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pamlico Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||50 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||410 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||179 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||231 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,700||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- From its humble origin in 1962 as an Industrial Education Center located on the campus of Pamlico County High School, Pamlico Community College has evolved into an expanding campus of its own where hundreds come to pursue degrees, diplomas, certificates and opportunities to enrich one's quality of life. We offer 12 academic programs and a broad selection of Continuing Education courses ranging from GED instruction to the US Coast Guard Captain's Licensing. Whether planning to own a business, improve computer skills, or style hair, opportunities await. The college is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates; is approved for the training of veterans and eligible dependents; and is a member institution of the North Carolina Community College System and American Association of Colleges and Junior Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Pamlico Community College is Craven Community College (15.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,991 students | 15.80 Mi800 College Ct
New Bern,  NC  28562
- 1,659 students | 24.30 Mi3505 Arendell St
Morehead City,  NC  28557
- 2,035 students | 32.90 Mi5337 US Highway 264 East
Washington,  NC  27889
- 4,355 students | 37.30 Mi444 Western Blvd
Jacksonville,  NC  28546
- 2,959 students | 43.20 Mi231 Highway 58 South
Kinston,  NC  28502
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.