Carroll Community College
- Carroll Community College is Carroll County's premier learning community for convenient, affordable, state-of-the-market postsecondary training, baccalaureate preparation, and lifelong education. As a learning-centered college, Carroll embraces student learning as its primary and defining mission; encourages students to be full and active partners in learning; creates an environment supporting student and organizational learning; assesses learning outcomes and uses the results to improve learning; and evaluates all areas of the college by how well they foster learning.
- The teacher population of 179 teachers has grown by 29% over five years.
|Carroll Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||179 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,645 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,352 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,293 students||3,341 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,900||$37,700|
- Carroll Community College has a long, rich history of remarkable growth. The college has evolved from a small rural campus to an 80-acre property marked by modern architecture, housing classrooms with state-of-the-art technology. In 1976 Carroll Community College opens on South Center Street as a branch campus of Catonsville Community College and in 1990 Washington Road campus opens with Great Hall, Classroom Building One. The physical growth of the campus continues to flourish. In 1997, the Random House Library building was built. The Fine Arts, Business Training Center and Life Fitness buildings were completed in 2002. In addition, the Nursing and Allied Health building was completed in 2004. The college offers programs in the field of Allied Health, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Fine & Performing Arts, Teacher Education, Technical Studies and Transfer Programs. The College is accreditated by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Carroll Community College is Howard Community College (22.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,920 students | 22.60 Mi10901 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia,  MD  21044
- 5,024 students | 22.80 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore,  MD  21215
- 6,031 students | 23.00 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick,  MD  21702
- 318 students | 24.10 Mi803 Glen Eagles Ct
Towson,  MD  21286
- 1,699 students | 24.90 Mi731 Old Harrisburg Rd
Gettysburg,  PA  17325