Carroll Community College
Tel: (410) 386-8000
- Carroll Community College is Carroll County's premier learning community for convenient, affordable, state-of-the-market postsecondary training, baccalaureate preparation, and lifelong education. As a learning-centered college, Carroll embraces student learning as its primary and defining mission; encourages students to be full and active partners in learning; creates an environment supporting student and organizational learning; assesses learning outcomes and uses the results to improve learning; and evaluates all areas of the college by how well they foster learning.
The teacher population of 179 teachers has grown by 22% over five years.
|Carroll Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||179 staff||179 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Carroll Community College has a long, rich history of remarkable growth. The college has evolved from a small rural campus to an 80-acre property marked by modern architecture, housing classrooms with state-of-the-art technology. In 1976 Carroll Community College opens on South Center Street as a branch campus of Catonsville Community College and in 1990 Washington Road campus opens with Great Hall, Classroom Building One. The physical growth of the campus continues to flourish. In 1997, the Random House Library building was built. The Fine Arts, Business Training Center and Life Fitness buildings were completed in 2002. In addition, the Nursing and Allied Health building was completed in 2004. The college offers programs in the field of Allied Health, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Fine & Performing Arts, Teacher Education, Technical Studies and Transfer Programs. The College is accreditated by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Carroll Community College is Howard Community College (22.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,632 students | 22.60 Mi10901 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21044
(443) 518-1000 22.609,632
- 4,523 students | 22.80 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
(410) 462-8300 22.804,523
- 6,000 students | 23.40 Mi7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846-2400 23.406,000
- 1,699 students | 24.60 Mi731 Old Harrisburg Rd
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717) 337-3855 24.601,699
- 749 students | 26.10 Mi9325 Snowden River Pky
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 290-7100 26.10749
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.