Carl Albert State College
Tel: (918) 647-1200
- The college was founded in 1933 and named for Carl Albert, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. The mission of the college is to prepare students – as Carl Albert was prepared – for a lifetime of service in a global society.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carl Albert State College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,241 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,440 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||801 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||350||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Carl Albert State College is the sixth fastest-growing two-year college in the nation. It is dedicated to developing students into leaders who are life-long learners, prepared for important roles in the workforce, and proficient with cutting-edge technology. Carl Albert State College is located in Poteau, Oklahoma, which has been listed as one of America's 100 best small towns. Amid the beautiful mountains and streams of eastern Oklahoma, Poteau is home to thriving businesses, rapidly-developing industries and excellent quality of life. The college also has a branch campus in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, which is located in the fast-growing community surrounding Interstate 40, one of America's arterial roads. CASC offers several degree programs that cannot be found anywhere else in the area, including Athletic Training and Radiography. CASC's excellent nursing program regularly receives high accolades from peers and accountability groups. A few of CASC's degree programs are offered entirely online. CASC has six academic living centers with spacious rooms and Internet access. The college has 31 student-run organizations that meet students' interests in culture, media, performance, professional, academic, and community service areas. CASC has a cardiovascular fitness center, a student union that serves healthy meals designed by a professional chef, and numerous computer labs that provide access to the Web and many online databases. The Joe E. White Library is a hub of student research. CASC is also home to NJCAA sports including softball, baseball, and basketball.
- The nearest community college to Carl Albert State College is University of Arkansas-Fort Smith (27.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,830 students | 27.80 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
(479) 788-7000 27.806,830
- 930 students | 39.00 Mi1100 College Dr
Mena,  AR  71953
- 1,673 students | 40.50 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
(918) 465-2361 40.501,673
- 2,278 students | 49.10 MiRoute 1
Warner,  OK  74469
(918) 463-2931 49.102,278
- 957 students | 64.50 Mi2299 Old Bacone Rd
Muskogee,  OK  74403
(918) 781-7340 64.50957
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.