Carl Albert State College
- The college was founded in 1933 and named for Carl Albert, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. The mission of the college is to prepare students – as Carl Albert was prepared – for a lifetime of service in a global society.
- The teacher population of 77 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carl Albert State College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||77 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,241 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,440 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||801 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||350||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,100||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Carl Albert State College is the sixth fastest-growing two-year college in the nation. It is dedicated to developing students into leaders who are life-long learners, prepared for important roles in the workforce, and proficient with cutting-edge technology. Carl Albert State College is located in Poteau, Oklahoma, which has been listed as one of America's 100 best small towns. Amid the beautiful mountains and streams of eastern Oklahoma, Poteau is home to thriving businesses, rapidly-developing industries and excellent quality of life. The college also has a branch campus in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, which is located in the fast-growing community surrounding Interstate 40, one of America's arterial roads. CASC offers several degree programs that cannot be found anywhere else in the area, including Athletic Training and Radiography. CASC's excellent nursing program regularly receives high accolades from peers and accountability groups. A few of CASC's degree programs are offered entirely online. CASC has six academic living centers with spacious rooms and Internet access. The college has 31 student-run organizations that meet students' interests in culture, media, performance, professional, academic, and community service areas. CASC has a cardiovascular fitness center, a student union that serves healthy meals designed by a professional chef, and numerous computer labs that provide access to the Web and many online databases. The Joe E. White Library is a hub of student research. CASC is also home to NJCAA sports including softball, baseball, and basketball.
- The nearest community college to Carl Albert State College is University of Arkansas-Fort Smith (28.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,830 students | 28.00 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
- 930 students | 39.00 Mi1100 College Dr
Mena,  AR  71953
- 1,673 students | 40.00 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
- 2,278 students | 49.20 MiRoute 1
Warner,  OK  74469
- 1,611 students | 62.70 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.