University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
- UA Fort Smith is a unique regional university. The institution will raise the education achievement level by providing high quality baccalaureate, associate, and certificate programs and a wide range of credit and noncredit educational services for its six-county Western Arkansas service area. Education and training services designed to meet the workforce education and retraining needs of business and industry throughout the region are a direct support responsibility of UA Fort Smith.
- The teacher population of 295 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of Arkansas-Fort Smith||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||295 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,830 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,790 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,040 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The University includes bachelor-level programs, traditional transfer and career programs, as well as the Center for Business and Professional Development and the University Center. UA Fort Smith has experienced substantial growth in enrollments, faculty, facilities, and curricula. UA Fort Smith has indeed become an integral part of the community, offering a wide range of educational, occupational, cultural, and recreational opportunities. Our high-quality, high-attention degree programs include business, engineering, nursing, and a one-of-a-kind major in historical interpretation. And our associate's degree and certificate programs form an enduring foundation for rewarding technical and service careers.UA Fort Smith provides a variety of public service activities for the people and organizations within its service area. Included are non-credit courses, seminars, workshops, lectures, travel, telecourses, and teleconferences organized by the University's Center for Business and Professional Development. As a unique institution, UA Fort Smith provides certificates of proficiency, technical certificates, associate of arts degrees, associate of general studies, associate of applied science degrees, and bachelor's degrees as well as work-based learning and community education. All courses and programs are designed to meet specific needs of the community. At UA Fort Smith, we felt it was our duty to create a living and learning environment that was as beautiful and well-appointed. The Boreham Library, with tens of thousands of books, periodicals, and microfilms files and maintains subscriptions to several online databases, offers world class research and learning tools to our students and Fort Smith neighbors. The Baldor Technology Center can provide quality educational and technological programs to more than 1000 students per day.
- The nearest community college to University of Arkansas-Fort Smith is Carl Albert State College (28.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,241 students | 28.00 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
- 2,278 students | 53.10 MiRoute 1
Warner,  OK  74469
- 930 students | 55.50 Mi1100 College Dr
Mena,  AR  71953
- 957 students | 60.30 Mi2299 Old Bacone Rd
Muskogee,  OK  74403
- 1,673 students | 62.90 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.