University of Arkansas-Fort Smith
- UA Fort Smith is a unique regional university. The institution will raise the education achievement level by providing high quality baccalaureate, associate, and certificate programs and a wide range of credit and noncredit educational services for its six-county Western Arkansas service area. Education and training services designed to meet the workforce education and retraining needs of business and industry throughout the region are a direct support responsibility of UA Fort Smith.
- Enrollment: 5,887 students
- In-state tuition: $4,727
- Out-state tuition: $10,511
- Acceptance Rate: 56%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 31%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The University includes bachelor-level programs, traditional transfer and career programs, as well as the Center for Business and Professional Development and the University Center. UA Fort Smith has experienced substantial growth in enrollments, faculty, facilities, and curricula. UA Fort Smith has indeed become an integral part of the community, offering a wide range of educational, occupational, cultural, and recreational opportunities. Our high-quality, high-attention degree programs include business, engineering, nursing, and a one-of-a-kind major in historical interpretation. And our associate's degree and certificate programs form an enduring foundation for rewarding technical and service careers. UA Fort Smith provides a variety of public service activities for the people and organizations within its service area. Included are non-credit courses, seminars, workshops, lectures, travel, telecourses, and teleconferences organized by the University's Center for Business and Professional Development. As a unique institution, UA Fort Smith provides certificates of proficiency, technical certificates, associate of arts degrees, associate of general studies, associate of applied science degrees, and bachelor's degrees as well as work-based learning and community education. All courses and programs are designed to meet specific needs of the community. At UA Fort Smith, we felt it was our duty to create a living and learning environment that was as beautiful and well-appointed. The Boreham Library, with tens of thousands of books, periodicals, and microfilms files and maintains subscriptions to several online databases, offers world class research and learning tools to our students and Fort Smith neighbors. The Baldor Technology Center can provide quality educational and technological programs to more than 1000 students per day.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of Arkansas-Fort Smith cost?
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith's tuition is approximately $4,727 for In-State students and $10,511 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of University of Arkansas-Fort Smith?
The acceptance rate of University of Arkansas-Fort Smith is 56%, which is lower than the state average of 100%. University of Arkansas-Fort Smith's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in Arkansas with low acceptance rates.