University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain
Tel: (479) 394-7622
University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain Photo #3 - Students enjoy a spacious front lawn to gather for study or fun.
University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain Photo #4 - Students enjoy a large student union with a Grill for when hungry strikes!
- Rich Mountain Community College is a two-year college offering transferrable general education degrees and a variety of workforce job readiness certificates. RMCC is a learning-centered institution of higher education, committed to the proposition that the educational attainment of individuals within a democratic society is, in large measure, responsible for the advancement of that society.
The teacher population of 60 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||60 staff||62 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Rich Mountain Video Team, Science Club, Student Ambassadors Program, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
RMCC Actors' Guild, Voices of the Ouachita's
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Rich Mountain Community College offers two transferrable degrees, Associate of Arts and Associate of General Studies. An Associate of Applied Science Advanced Manufacturing degree can be obtained in one of five emphasis areas: Mechanical Engineering (transferrable), Electrical Engineering (transferrable), Welding, Machine Tool Technology, and Electromechancial Technology. Along with these RMCC offers an Associate of Applied Science degree in four workforce areas: Business Administration, Information Systems Technology, Office Technology, and Registered Nursing. Other workforce certificates offered include: Welding, Culinary Arts, Health Information Systems, Cosmetology, Machine Tool, Electromechanical, Licensed Practical Nursing, Emergency Medical Technology, and Certified Nursing Assistant.
The nearest community college to University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain is Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,518 students | 38.70 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
(870) 584-4471 38.701,518
- 1,900 students | 39.00 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
(918) 647-1200 39.001,900
- 6,557 students | 55.50 Mi5210 Grand Ave
Fort Smith,  AR  72913
(479) 788-7000 55.506,557
- 2,017 students | 62.80 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs,  AR  71913
(501) 760-4222 62.802,017
- 1,541 students | 66.90 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
(918) 465-2361 66.901,541
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.