Connors State College
- The teacher population of 115 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Connors State College||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||115 staff||58 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,278 students||1,805 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||29:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,412 students||849 students|
|# Part-Time Students||866 students||956 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||350|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$33,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Connors State School of Agriculture came into existence in 1908.The State Board of Agriculture was the school's governing board and the school was named after the Board's first chairman, John P. Connors. Classes were first held in downtown Warner in 1909. In 1911, the present Classroom Building was constructed and the school moved to its present location, one mile west of Warner. Connors State Agricultural College became a fully accredited junior college in 1927. The State Board of Agriculture governed Connors until 1944. That year the Legislature created the Board of Regents for the Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical Colleges. This Board then became the governing board of Connors State Agricultural College. In 1967, the Oklahoma Legislature changed Connors' name to Connors State College of Agriculture and Applied Science. The College's name was changed again by the Oklahoma Legislature in 2002 to Connors State College. Connors State College has three campus locations. The main campus is in Warner; a rural, agricultural community located at the junction of Oklahoma Highway 64 and Interstate 40 in eastern Oklahoma. The other two campus locations are located 18 miles northeast of Warner in Muskogee. The Muskogee Downtown campus is located at the intersection of Second and Court Streets. Facilities at Warner Campus includes Administration Building, Beef Testing Center, Biff Thompson Baseball Field, Campus Farm, Carl Westbrook Library Learning Center, Child Development Lab, Classroom Building, Education Building, Equine facilities, Faculty and Student Housing, Fine Arts Building, Holloway Hall, Jacob Johnson Science Building, McClarren Hall, Melvin Self Field House, Russell Hall and Women's Dorm. Connors State College offers program in Agriculture, Business, Communication & Fine Arts, Math & Science, Math, Science, Nursing and Social Sciences. Connors State College fulfills this mission through College and university transfer, Developmental education, Occupational and professional education, Student development services and Workforce/economic development for a global society.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 957 students | 19.50 Mi2299 Old Bacone Rd
Muskogee,  OK  74403
- 2,502 students | 36.80 Mi1801 E 4th St
Okmulgee,  OK  74447
- 1,673 students | 40.10 Mi1301 W Main St
Wilburton,  OK  74578
- 2,241 students | 49.20 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
- 164 students | 51.60 Mi4343 S. 118th E. Ave, Suite A
Tulsa,  OK  74146
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.