nvest in Your Life with CCNN
Career College of Northern Nevada will equip you with the training you need to succeed. Do you want to complete your diploma or degree program quickly? If so, CCNN is the place for you. We eliminate non-vocational training so you can stay focused on the core subjects that will matter to you in your career.
At CCNN, we prepare you for a real future. We know what employers want, and our hands-on training programs give you the confidence needed to show them that you've got it. You won't leave CCNN with just the training theories. You'll be fully qualified to land the job, keep the job and excel in the job.
- HVAC/R Service Technician - Train to install and maintain heating and cooling systems for residences and commercial businesses.
- Welding and Fabrication - Learn the primary functions of a successful welding and fabrication specialist
Associate of Occupational Studies Degrees:
- Health Information Management - Prepare to perform medical insurance management duties, which include billing, submitting denied claims for appeal, explaining insurance procedures, coverage and benefits to patients, and more.
- Medical Assisting - Train to complete clinical and administrative tasks for physicians and other health practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Information Technology Specialist - Acquire the skills needed to maximize the potential of modern businesses, with an emphasis in virtualization, iPhone, iPad and tablet integration, and cloud computing technologies.
- Industrial Electronics Technology - Learn to work with emerging engineering technologies, including robotics, hydraulics, fiber optics, smart home technology, security/surveillance systems, and more .
We offer convenient morning, afternoon and evening classes,(weekends for HVAC and Welding) as well as graduate placement services. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and we are approved for Veteran's Training.
Admissions hours: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-7p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday by appointment only.
Career College of Northern Nevada serves 385 students (96% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the state community college average of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 385 students
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 13:1
- Minority enrollment: 50%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Career College of Northern Nevada ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 18% over five years.
Career College of Northern Nevada
(NV) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
Private, for profit
Private, for profit
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Career College of Northern Nevada has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Career College of Northern Nevada diversity score of 0.60 is less than the state average of 0.73. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Financial aid is only available to those who qualify.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Career College of Northern Nevada often compared to?
Career College of Northern Nevadais often viewed alongside schools like College of Southern Nevada by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Career College of Northern Nevada?
The acceptance rate of Career College of Northern Nevada is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 54%.
What is Career College of Northern Nevada's ranking?
Career College of Northern Nevada ranks among the top 20% of community college in Nevada for: Highest completion rates.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.