Lake Tahoe Community College
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lake Tahoe Community College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,419 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||692 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,727 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,500||$34,600|
- At 6,229 feet above sea level, Lake Tahoe Community College, set in the heart of South Lake Tahoe, is the highest college in California. Opened in 1975, approximately 4,000 students come through the doors each quarter. Beyond the classrooms and labs, the 164-acre wooded campus features a 192-seat black box theater, extensive art labs and a demonstration garden. A 26,000 square foot gymnasium with a dance studio and fitness education center and a student center, which includes a caf?, Internet terminals, and teaching kitchens for the culinary arts program were opened in 2002. In 2004, the college will break ground for a new library and art gallery. The college offers certificates and associate degrees from culinary arts to computer studies. With our 49 full-time faculty members students come first. Outdoor recreation can be found all year in South Lake Tahoe, a town of about 24,000 residents. Students are within minutes of three ski resorts. There are 14 resorts in all around the lake. Summer brings water sports, fishing, hiking, camping and an extensive network of mountain biking trails. The sun shines an average 75 percent or 274 days each year giving students plenty of opportunities to get out and explore the Sierra Nevada. Lake Tahoe Community College promotes learning and enrichment for our students and community through exemplary educational experiences provided in a uniquely supportive environment. Lake Tahoe Community College will provide outstanding educational opportunities for every student in a personal learning community. The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Lake Tahoe Community College is Western Nevada College (22.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,951 students | 22.40 Mi2201 West College Parkway
Carson City,  NV  89703
- 359 students | 45.70 Mi1421 Pullman Dr.
Sparks,  NV  89434
- 11,106 students | 46.30 Mi7000 Dandini Blvd
Reno,  NV  89512
- 7,942 students | 62.00 Mi10 College Parkway
Folsom,  CA  95630
- 18,565 students | 63.50 Mi5000 Rocklin Road
Rocklin,  CA  95677