Las Vegas College
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (702) 567-1920
- Mission of Las Vegas College is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 44% over five years.
|Las Vegas College||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||38 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Las Vegas College was founded by Betty Krolak in 1979 under the name Krolak Business Institute. Barbara A. and E. T. Paulus purchased the Institute in December of 1980 and incorporated it under the name of TO-Ba Corporation. The Institute was granted a license to award Associate degrees on January 7, 1986, and the Instituteï¿½s name was changed to Las Vegas Business College. The college was acquired by Rhodes Colleges, Inc. on October 17, 1996. At that time, the name of the institution was changed to Las Vegas College. To better accomodate the needs of the students and community, Las Vegas College added the Henderson, NV campus in addition to its Las Vegas location. In 2005, the Las Vegas Campus merged with the Henderson campus. Our programs emphasize real-world training that is tailored to meet the needs of potential employers. The fields of study focus on industries that offer solid, long-term career opportunities for graduates. Here at our campus, we maintain a well-defined program philosophy of providing a quality education that emphasizes practical skills; employ a highly skilled and dedicated faculty; and cater to students seeking a strong knowledge base and the experience needed to succeed in their chosen fields. Las Vegas College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award occupational associate's degrees and diplomas.
The nearest community college to Las Vegas College is The Art Institute of Las Vegas (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 592 students | 2.60 Mi2350 Corporate Circle
Henderson, NV 89074
(702) 369-9944 2.60592
- 707 students | 6.20 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(702) 458-9650 6.20707
- 34,169 students | 13.40 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 651-5000 13.4034,169
- 1,265 students | 16.40 Mi7398 Smoke Ranch Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702) 254-7577 16.401,265
- 587 students | 18.20 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas, NV 89144
(702) 365-7690 18.20587
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.