- Mission of Las Vegas College is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- Enrollment: 399 students
- Private-state tuition: $15,000
- Acceptance Rate: 54%
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 56%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Las Vegas College was founded by Betty Krolak in 1979 under the name Krolak Business Institute. Barbara A. and E. T. Paulus purchased the Institute in December of 1980 and incorporated it under the name of TO-Ba Corporation. The Institute was granted a license to award Associate degrees on January 7, 1986, and the Instituteï¿½s name was changed to Las Vegas Business College. The college was acquired by Rhodes Colleges, Inc. on October 17, 1996. At that time, the name of the institution was changed to Las Vegas College. To better accomodate the needs of the students and community, Las Vegas College added the Henderson, NV campus in addition to its Las Vegas location. In 2005, the Las Vegas Campus merged with the Henderson campus. Our programs emphasize real-world training that is tailored to meet the needs of potential employers. The fields of study focus on industries that offer solid, long-term career opportunities for graduates. Here at our campus, we maintain a well-defined program philosophy of providing a quality education that emphasizes practical skills; employ a highly skilled and dedicated faculty; and cater to students seeking a strong knowledge base and the experience needed to succeed in their chosen fields. Las Vegas College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award occupational associate's degrees and diplomas.