Las Vegas College
Tel: (702) 567-1920
- Mission of Las Vegas College is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Las Vegas College||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||90 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Las Vegas College was founded by Betty Krolak in 1979 under the name Krolak Business Institute. Barbara A. and E. T. Paulus purchased the Institute in December of 1980 and incorporated it under the name of TO-Ba Corporation. The Institute was granted a license to award Associate degrees on January 7, 1986, and the Instituteï¿½s name was changed to Las Vegas Business College. The college was acquired by Rhodes Colleges, Inc. on October 17, 1996. At that time, the name of the institution was changed to Las Vegas College. To better accomodate the needs of the students and community, Las Vegas College added the Henderson, NV campus in addition to its Las Vegas location. In 2005, the Las Vegas Campus merged with the Henderson campus. Our programs emphasize real-world training that is tailored to meet the needs of potential employers. The fields of study focus on industries that offer solid, long-term career opportunities for graduates. Here at our campus, we maintain a well-defined program philosophy of providing a quality education that emphasizes practical skills; employ a highly skilled and dedicated faculty; and cater to students seeking a strong knowledge base and the experience needed to succeed in their chosen fields. Las Vegas College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award occupational associate's degrees and diplomas.
The nearest community college to Las Vegas College is Pima Medical Institute-Las Vegas (6.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 950 students | 6.20 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(702) 458-9650 6.20950
- 33,942 students | 13.40 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 651-5000 13.4033,942
- 1,265 students | 16.40 Mi7398 Smoke Ranch Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702) 254-7577 16.401,265
- 587 students | 18.20 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas, NV 89144
(702) 365-7690 18.20587
- 4,348 students | 77.90 Mi1971 Jagerson Ave
Kingman, AZ 86409
(928) 757-4331 77.904,348
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.