Cape Cod Community College
- Cape Cod Community College delivers educational programs and services to meet the diverse needs of the residents of Cape Cod, the Islands, and adjacent areas of Southeastern Massachusetts. As the sole comprehensive college on Cape Cod, it provides the only access to higher education for many residents.
- The teacher population of 150 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cape Cod Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||150 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,818 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,105 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,713 students||2,352 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$35,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is a student-centered learning community that prepares students for a rapidly changing and socially diverse global economy. To this end, it provides degrees in the liberal arts and sciences; career and technical degrees and certificates; and workforce education. A strong liberal arts focus contributes (1) a foundation for transfer to a baccalaureate programs; (2) general education that supports technical and career programs with communication and analytical competencies as well as broadly based liberal education; and (3) cultural opportunities for the region. Cape Cod Community College was established in 1961, the second institution to open as part of what is now a 15 community college system in Massachusetts that resulted from the persistent efforts of Senator Edward Carleton Stone. Outgrowing its first home, in 1970 Cape Cod Community College moved to its current location on 116 acres in West Barnstable, making it the first community college in the state to build a new campus. Under the direction of its second president, E. Carleton Nickerson, the College moved into five of the eight buildings designated in the master plan for the new campus. With all eight buildings completed by 1974, the structural space on campus totaled 300,249 square feet. Today, the campus consists of 116 acres and 9 buildings, totaling 305,494 square feet. Cape Cod Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Cape Cod Community College is Bristol Community College (40.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,189 students | 40.30 Mi777 Elsbree St
Fall River,  MA  02720
- 7,905 students | 42.70 MiOne Massasoit Boulevard
Brockton,  MA  02302
- 4,705 students | 51.70 Mi1250 Hancock Street
Quincy,  MA  02169
- 850 students | 55.10 Mi303 Adams Street
Milton,  MA  02186
- 104 students | 55.40 Mi150 Kerry Place
Norwood,  MA  02062
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.