Cape Cod Community College
- Cape Cod Community College delivers educational programs and services to meet the diverse needs of the residents of Cape Cod, the Islands, and adjacent areas of Southeastern Massachusetts. As the sole comprehensive college on Cape Cod, it provides the only access to higher education for many residents.
- Enrollment: 2,710 students
- In-state tuition: $4,212
- Out-state tuition: $9,136
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 26%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The College is a student-centered learning community that prepares students for a rapidly changing and socially diverse global economy. To this end, it provides degrees in the liberal arts and sciences; career and technical degrees and certificates; and workforce education. A strong liberal arts focus contributes (1) a foundation for transfer to a baccalaureate programs; (2) general education that supports technical and career programs with communication and analytical competencies as well as broadly based liberal education; and (3) cultural opportunities for the region. Cape Cod Community College was established in 1961, the second institution to open as part of what is now a 15 community college system in Massachusetts that resulted from the persistent efforts of Senator Edward Carleton Stone. Outgrowing its first home, in 1970 Cape Cod Community College moved to its current location on 116 acres in West Barnstable, making it the first community college in the state to build a new campus. Under the direction of its second president, E. Carleton Nickerson, the College moved into five of the eight buildings designated in the master plan for the new campus. With all eight buildings completed by 1974, the structural space on campus totaled 300,249 square feet. Today, the campus consists of 116 acres and 9 buildings, totaling 305,494 square feet. Cape Cod Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cape Cod Community College cost?
Cape Cod Community College's tuition is approximately $4,212 for In-State students and $9,136 for Out-State students.