Massasoit Community College
Tel: (508) 588-9100
- We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions.
The teacher population of 293 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Massasoit Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||293 staff||96 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Massasoit Community College is a comprehensive institution offering a full range of degree programs, transfer and support services-including an extensive Academic Resource Center, and credentialed certificates in a wide array of fields. With a Massasoit education you can be ready for immediate employment in the workforce or transfer to a four-year college. Massasoit Community College was founded in 1966, but its origin can be traced to a 1947 study by the State Board of Education which determined the need for a low tuition, state supported system. The study proposed that twelve community colleges be established, one of which would serve the Greater Brockton, South Shore area. In 1961, a proposal was brought before the Brockton School Committee, and after a feasibility study, announcement of such a college was made in 1965. In 1985, the Blue Hills Technical Institute, itself in existence since 1966, formally merged with Massasoit Community College, and is now the Canton campus. The Conference Center at Massasoit opened in 1997 offering 7200 square feet of meeting space for local businesses and other community organizations. Brockton Campus physical facilities include a 100 acre Brockton campus which offers students a Fine Arts building with two theaters, a T.V. studio and a radio station; a Field House which houses an olympic sized swimming pool, racketball courts and a weight room; modern classroom buildings and laboratory facilities; and an extensive library facility. Massasoit Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,705 students | 11.60 Mi1250 Hancock Street
Quincy,  MA  02169
(800) 698-1700 11.604,705
- 104 students | 11.90 Mi150 Kerry Place
Norwood,  MA  02062
(781) 762-1211 11.90104
- 850 students | 12.50 Mi303 Adams Street
Milton,  MA  02186
(617) 296-8300 12.50850
- 2,393 students | 17.60 Mi1234 Columbus Ave
Roxbury Crossing,  MA  02120
(617) 427-0060 17.602,393
- 874 students | 18.50 Mi129 Fisher Ave
Brookline,  MA  02445
(617) 730-7000 18.50874
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.