- We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions.
- Enrollment: 5,665 students
- In-state tuition: $4,296
- Out-state tuition: $9,240
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Massasoit Community College is a comprehensive institution offering a full range of degree programs, transfer and support services-including an extensive Academic Resource Center, and credentialed certificates in a wide array of fields. With a Massasoit education you can be ready for immediate employment in the workforce or transfer to a four-year college. Massasoit Community College was founded in 1966, but its origin can be traced to a 1947 study by the State Board of Education which determined the need for a low tuition, state supported system. The study proposed that twelve community colleges be established, one of which would serve the Greater Brockton, South Shore area. In 1961, a proposal was brought before the Brockton School Committee, and after a feasibility study, announcement of such a college was made in 1965. In 1985, the Blue Hills Technical Institute, itself in existence since 1966, formally merged with Massasoit Community College, and is now the Canton campus. The Conference Center at Massasoit opened in 1997 offering 7200 square feet of meeting space for local businesses and other community organizations. Brockton Campus physical facilities include a 100 acre Brockton campus which offers students a Fine Arts building with two theaters, a T.V. studio and a radio station; a Field House which houses an olympic sized swimming pool, racketball courts and a weight room; modern classroom buildings and laboratory facilities; and an extensive library facility. Massasoit Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.