Cameron College (Closed 2018)
- Cameron College bases its operating philosophy on several significant forces now exerting influence on students and industry. Our objective is to maintain a standard of excellence in training to ensure competence and intellectual stimulation in our students. Our programs are designed to be realistic and satisfying to the student and to the prospective employer. Each student is made to realize that post-high school training provides a dignified alternative to a four-year college program. Cameron College believes that excellence in occupational education should be available and affordable to all who are willing to make a firm commitment to sound career preparation. Training designed to equip our students with skills necessary to secure a successful career is a most important objective in our philosophy. This, basically, is our philosophy: to have an awareness of the needs of students and of the needs of their future employers, and to provide an immediate response to any changes in those needs, thus contributing to the welfare of the community as a whole.
- The teacher population of 2 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cameron College||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||2 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||20 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||20 students||382 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$3,449||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,351||$4,952|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Training at Cameron College is an excellent alternative to a traditional degree. We prepare men and women for satisfying careers in a variety of fields. We offer practical, hands-on instruction with the aim of providing the specialized skills needed in today's workforce. Cameron College also offers short courses and seminars in special skills at the College as well as in-service programs in business and the medical field. The Military Preparatory Program is available for young people who are referred by one of the branches of the military in preparation for their entry into the Armed Forces.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 18,684 students | 1.60 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 3.80 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 120 students | 4.00 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
- 892 students | 5.60 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 289 students | 6.10 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.