Butler County Community College
- Butler County Community College is dedicated to providing affordable and accessible education, training, and cultural enrichment opportunities responsive to the needs of the community. The college is committed to fostering a supportive environment that values integrity, diversity, and excellence.
The teacher population of 160 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Butler County Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||160 staff||25 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The BC3 main campus is located 1½ miles south of the city of Butler, on 323 acres of the former Oak Hills Golf Course. The beautiful campus in a country setting, surrounded by large oak trees and rolling hills, provides a comfortable and safe learning environment. Approximately 4,000 credit students attend BC3 annually and are enrolled in over 60 degree programs in the areas of business, nursing and allied health, arts and education, technology and transfer. One-third of the students earn a two-year Associates Degree and then transfer to a four-year college or university. Many students attend both day and evening classes, on a full or part-time basis. BC3 offers over 75 distance learning courses via the Internet or by videotape. In addition to offering the traditional career and transfer programs, BC3 has been recognized for several unique credit programs including computer forensics, metrology, nanofabrication, and massage therapy. Butler County Community College also offers classes at various off-campus centers throughout Western Pennsylvania at Cranberry Center, Lawrence County Center and Center at the LindenPointe. Butler County Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission On Higher Education.
The nearest community college to Butler County Community College is Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell (20.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 20.30 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
(724) 337-1000 20.30120
- 825 students | 22.20 Mi4177 Pulaksi Road
New Castle,  PA  16101
(724) 964-8811 22.20825
- 80 students | 22.90 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
(412) 367-4000 22.9080
- 2,255 students | 24.00 Mi1 Campus Drive
Monaca,  PA  15061
(724) 480-2222 24.002,255
- 217 students | 25.90 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
(412) 362-8500 25.90217
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.