Brown Mackie College-South Bend
Tel: (574) 237-0774
- Brown Mackie College ? South Bend has the distinction of being the oldest career school in the state of Indiana. The College serves more than 500 students with an average class size of 30 to 35 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students? academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-South Bend||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, we've designed practical, efficient programs to enhance your career opportunities, broaden your perspectives, and encourage the development of communication and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation for lifelong and continued education. We have developed an outstanding teaching staff, relevant curricula, modern educational facilities, effective student support services, and an excellent career services staff ? all of which are focused to help you meet your career goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, Our courses are thoroughly oriented to the real working world. We focus on the development of technical proficiency in your field as well as the overall professional approach expected in business, industrial, or medical environments. Michiana College, South Bend is an accredited member of ACICS.
The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-South Bend is Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,149 students | 4.10 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601
(574) 289-7001 4.108,149
- 2,130 students | 17.70 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac, MI 49047
(269) 782-1000 17.702,130
- 3,202 students | 28.10 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
(269) 927-8100 28.103,202
- 415 students | 28.60 Mi9601 S. Union Road
Donaldson, IN 46513
(574) 936-8898 28.60415
- 112 students | 35.60 Mi325 E US Hwy 20
Michigan City, IN 46360
(219) 877-3100 35.60112
The chancellor of the California Community College System, Bryce Harris, recently stated more than 20 community colleges in the state were at risk of losing accreditation. In the midst of problems with City College of San Francisco, some are beginning to question the credibility of the accreditors.
Corrosion technology is one of the hottest new industries community colleges are training for. Currently, only a handful of schools offer a program, but the field is open for new graduates.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?