Brown Mackie College-South Bend
- Brown Mackie College ? South Bend has the distinction of being the oldest career school in the state of Indiana. The College serves more than 500 students with an average class size of 30 to 35 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students? academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 74% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-South Bend||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||340 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||340 students||507 students|
|% Two or more races||-||-|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, we've designed practical, efficient programs to enhance your career opportunities, broaden your perspectives, and encourage the development of communication and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation for lifelong and continued education. We have developed an outstanding teaching staff, relevant curricula, modern educational facilities, effective student support services, and an excellent career services staff ? all of which are focused to help you meet your career goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, Our courses are thoroughly oriented to the real working world. We focus on the development of technical proficiency in your field as well as the overall professional approach expected in business, industrial, or medical environments. Michiana College, South Bend is an accredited member of ACICS.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 520 students | 3.50 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
- 8,149 students | 4.60 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend,  IN  46601
- 498 students | 15.60 Mi881 Parkway Ave
Elkhart,  IN  46516
- 2,567 students | 18.40 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac,  MI  49047
- 4,219 students | 28.40 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor,  MI  49022
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.