Brown Mackie College-South Bend
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (574) 237-0774
- Brown Mackie College ? South Bend has the distinction of being the oldest career school in the state of Indiana. The College serves more than 500 students with an average class size of 30 to 35 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students? academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 68% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-South Bend||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||119 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, we've designed practical, efficient programs to enhance your career opportunities, broaden your perspectives, and encourage the development of communication and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation for lifelong and continued education. We have developed an outstanding teaching staff, relevant curricula, modern educational facilities, effective student support services, and an excellent career services staff ? all of which are focused to help you meet your career goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, Our courses are thoroughly oriented to the real working world. We focus on the development of technical proficiency in your field as well as the overall professional approach expected in business, industrial, or medical environments. Michiana College, South Bend is an accredited member of ACICS.
The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-South Bend is Holy Cross College (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 447 students | 2.80 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame, IN 46556
(574) 239-8377 2.80447
- 8,149 students | 4.10 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601
(574) 289-7001 4.108,149
- 2,141 students | 17.70 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac, MI 49047
(269) 782-1000 17.702,141
- 3,022 students | 28.10 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
(269) 927-8100 28.103,022
- 386 students | 28.60 Mi9601 S. Union Road
Donaldson, IN 46513
(574) 936-8898 28.60386
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.