Brown Mackie College-South Bend
Tel: (574) 237-0774
- Brown Mackie College ? South Bend has the distinction of being the oldest career school in the state of Indiana. The College serves more than 500 students with an average class size of 30 to 35 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students? academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-South Bend||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, we've designed practical, efficient programs to enhance your career opportunities, broaden your perspectives, and encourage the development of communication and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation for lifelong and continued education. We have developed an outstanding teaching staff, relevant curricula, modern educational facilities, effective student support services, and an excellent career services staff ? all of which are focused to help you meet your career goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, Our courses are thoroughly oriented to the real working world. We focus on the development of technical proficiency in your field as well as the overall professional approach expected in business, industrial, or medical environments. Michiana College, South Bend is an accredited member of ACICS.
The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-South Bend is Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,149 students | 4.10 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend,  IN  46601
(574) 289-7001 4.108,149
- 2,567 students | 17.70 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac,  MI  49047
(269) 782-1000 17.702,567
- 4,219 students | 28.10 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor,  MI  49022
(269) 927-8100 28.104,219
- 400 students | 28.60 Mi9601 S. Union Road
Donaldson,  IN  46513
(574) 936-8898 28.60400
- 112 students | 35.60 Mi325 E US Hwy 20
Michigan City,  IN  46360
(219) 877-3100 35.60112
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!