Brown Mackie College-South Bend
Tel: (574) 237-0774
- Brown Mackie College ? South Bend has the distinction of being the oldest career school in the state of Indiana. The College serves more than 500 students with an average class size of 30 to 35 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students? academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-South Bend||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||42 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, we've designed practical, efficient programs to enhance your career opportunities, broaden your perspectives, and encourage the development of communication and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation for lifelong and continued education. We have developed an outstanding teaching staff, relevant curricula, modern educational facilities, effective student support services, and an excellent career services staff ? all of which are focused to help you meet your career goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, Our courses are thoroughly oriented to the real working world. We focus on the development of technical proficiency in your field as well as the overall professional approach expected in business, industrial, or medical environments. Michiana College, South Bend is an accredited member of ACICS.
The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-South Bend is Holy Cross College (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 499 students | 2.80 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
(574) 239-8377 2.80499
- 8,149 students | 4.10 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend,  IN  46601
(574) 289-7001 4.108,149
- 2,130 students | 17.70 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac,  MI  49047
(269) 782-1000 17.702,130
- 3,202 students | 28.10 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor,  MI  49022
(269) 927-8100 28.103,202
- 415 students | 28.60 Mi9601 S. Union Road
Donaldson,  IN  46513
(574) 936-8898 28.60415
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.