Brown Mackie College-South Bend
- Brown Mackie College ? South Bend has the distinction of being the oldest career school in the state of Indiana. The College serves more than 500 students with an average class size of 30 to 35 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students? academic success. Our faculty and administration come to know our students personally.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-South Bend||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||340 students||1,806 students|
|# Full-Time Students||340 students||507 students|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, we've designed practical, efficient programs to enhance your career opportunities, broaden your perspectives, and encourage the development of communication and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation for lifelong and continued education. We have developed an outstanding teaching staff, relevant curricula, modern educational facilities, effective student support services, and an excellent career services staff ? all of which are focused to help you meet your career goals as quickly and efficiently as possible. At Brown Mackie College ? South Bend, Our courses are thoroughly oriented to the real working world. We focus on the development of technical proficiency in your field as well as the overall professional approach expected in business, industrial, or medical environments. Michiana College, South Bend is an accredited member of ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-South Bend is Holy Cross College (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 520 students | 3.50 Mi54515 State Road 933 North
Notre Dame,  IN  46556
- 8,149 students | 4.60 Mi220 Dean Johnson Blvd
South Bend,  IN  46601
- 2,567 students | 18.40 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac,  MI  49047
- 4,219 students | 28.40 Mi2755 East Napier Avenue
Benton Harbor,  MI  49022
- 400 students | 29.20 Mi9601 S. Union Road
Donaldson,  IN  46513
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.