- As a learning-centered institution, YVCC responds to the ever-changing and diverse community we serve. We provide opportunities for our students to acquire knowledge in basic literacy; academic, professional, and technical education; and skills for lifelong learning.
- Enrollment: 3,954 students
- In-state tuition: $4,278
- Out-state tuition: $4,746
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 69%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Yakima Valley Community College is one of the oldest community colleges in the state of Washington. Founded in 1928, the college has a long tradition of quality in teaching and in its commitment to students. Yakima Valley Community College is a public, two-year institution of higher education which is a part of one of the best comprehensive community college systems in the nation. As such, the college offers programs in adult basic education, English-as-a-second-language, lower division arts and sciences, professional and technical education, and community services. Yakima Valley Community College employs a talented and dedicated faculty whose primary interest is in delivering the best possible instruction to students. The college offers programs in Distance Learning, Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language & GED, Adult Education and various programs of study. The college is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. Credits earned in nearly all courses numbered 100 or higher are transferable to other colleges and universities nationwide.