Wenatchee Valley College
- Wenatchee Valley College, the public comprehensive community college in North Central Washington, serves the educational and cultural needs of its communities and the residents throughout its service area. The college provides high-quality transfer, liberal arts, technical/professional, basic skills and continuing education to students of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds.
|Wenatchee Valley College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||130 staff||157 staff|
- The Wenatchee campus is located near the east slopes of the Cascade Mountains, midway between Seattle and Spokane. Its 52-acre site includes modern classrooms and laboratories, including a new art facility, distance learning classrooms, computer and science labs, a bookstore, a student center, library, fitness center, cafeteria, campus theater, art gallery, district administrative offices and the Washington Higher Education Telecommunications Center. The Grady and Lillie Auvil Teaching and Demonstration Orchard is located in the Wenatchee campus area. The WVC Community and Professional Program is located in North Central Washington's new Confluence Technology Center, not far from the Wenatchee campus. Wenatchee Valley College opened as a private institution in Wenatchee in 1939 as a result of donations from 51 local citizens. Two years later, it became part of the state's public education system. Classes were held on the third floor of the Wenatchee High School building on the corner of King and Idaho streets until the donation of the A. Z. Wells home in 1949. Wells House, a large house on a five-acre tract on Fifth Street, was built of hand-hewn stone from the Columbia River and graced with castle-like turrets. Wenatchee Valley College is approved to grant Associate of arts and sciences degree, Associate of sciences degree, Associate of technical sciences degree (in a variety of workforce education programs), Associate of general studies degree, Certificate of completion and Certificate of attendance. Wenatchee Valley College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Specific programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing, the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, and the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Sciences.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,044 students | 50.30 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
(509) 793-2222 50.302,044
- 4,456 students | 59.10 MiSouth 16th Ave. & Nob Hill Blvd.
Yakima,  WA  98907
(509) 574-4600 59.104,456
- 13,226 students | 85.30 Mi3000 Landerholm Cir SE
Bellevue,  WA  98007
(425) 564-1000 85.3013,226
- 3,546 students | 86.10 Mi3000 NE Fourth St
Renton,  WA  98056
(425) 235-2352 86.103,546
- 8,471 students | 86.60 Mi12401 SE 320th St
Auburn,  WA  98092
(253) 833-9111 86.608,471