Columbia Basin College
Tel: (509) 547-0511
- Since 1955, Columbia Basin College has helped students of all ages and backgrounds to achieve their dreams of a higher education. CBC offers bachelor and associate degrees, one-year certificates and basic skills in an effort to improve the lives of all in our community.
The teacher population of 291 teachers has grown by 63% over five years.
|Columbia Basin College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||291 staff||157 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Columbia Basin College (CBC) is a public community college serving the Tri-Cities and surrounding communities since 1955. CBC`s mission is to inspire, educate and support all students in an environment of academic excellence leading to the completion of degrees, certifications and educational transfers, while fostering meaningful employment, engaged citizenship and a life-long joy of learning. CBC offers both two and four-year degrees and one-year Certificates. Bachelor of Applied Science degrees are offered in Applied Management, Applied Management in Agriculture or Healthcare Administration, Cyber Security, Dental Hygiene, Information Technology, Project Management and Teacher Education. CBC also offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
The nearest community college to Columbia Basin College is Walla Walla Community College (41.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,860 students | 41.90 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla, WA 99362
(509) 522-2500 41.903,860
- 1,681 students | 42.70 Mi2411 NW Carden Ave
Pendleton, OR 97801
(541) 276-1260 42.701,681
- 2,044 students | 65.10 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake, WA 98837
(509) 793-2222 65.102,044
- 4,456 students | 70.90 MiSouth 16th Ave. & Nob Hill Blvd.
Yakima, WA 98907
(509) 574-4600 70.904,456
- 3,444 students | 99.60 Mi1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509) 682-6800 99.603,444
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?