- Since 1955, Columbia Basin College has helped students of all ages and backgrounds to achieve their dreams of a higher education. CBC offers bachelor and associate degrees, one-year certificates and basic skills in an effort to improve the lives of all in our community.
Columbia Basin College serves 6,745 students (56% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 50%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 6,745 students
- In-state tuition: $4,771
- Out-state tuition: $6,858
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 52%
- Source: Verified school update
Columbia Basin College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
The teacher population of 436 teachers has grown by 144% over five years.
Columbia Basin College
(WA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Columbia Basin College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five years.
The Columbia Basin College diversity score of 0.61 is less than the state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,771 is more than the state average of $4,105. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,858 is less than the state average of $7,359. The out-state tuition has grown by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Columbia Basin College (CBC) is a public community college serving the Tri-Cities and surrounding communities since 1955. CBC`s mission is to inspire, educate and support all students in an environment of academic excellence leading to the completion of degrees, certifications and educational transfers, while fostering meaningful employment, engaged citizenship and a life-long joy of learning. CBC offers both two and four-year degrees and one-year Certificates. Bachelor of Applied Science degrees are offered in Applied Management, Applied Management in Agriculture or Healthcare Administration, Cyber Security, Dental Hygiene, Information Technology, Project Management and Teacher Education. CBC also offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Columbia Basin College cost?
Columbia Basin College's tuition is approximately $4,771 for In-State students and $6,858 for Out-State students.
What sports does Columbia Basin College offer?
Columbia Basin College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Columbia Basin College's ranking?
Columbia Basin College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.