Columbia Basin College
- Since 1955, Columbia Basin College has helped students of all ages and backgrounds to achieve their dreams of a higher education. CBC offers bachelor and associate degrees, one-year certificates and basic skills in an effort to improve the lives of all in our community.
- The teacher population of 291 teachers has grown by 63% over five years.
|Columbia Basin College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||291 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,368 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,120 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,248 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$36,200|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Columbia Basin College (CBC) is a public community college serving the Tri-Cities and surrounding communities since 1955. CBC`s mission is to inspire, educate and support all students in an environment of academic excellence leading to the completion of degrees, certifications and educational transfers, while fostering meaningful employment, engaged citizenship and a life-long joy of learning. CBC offers both two and four-year degrees and one-year Certificates. Bachelor of Applied Science degrees are offered in Applied Management, Applied Management in Agriculture or Healthcare Administration, Cyber Security, Dental Hygiene, Information Technology, Project Management and Teacher Education. CBC also offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Columbia Basin College is Walla Walla Community College (41.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,536 students | 41.90 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla,  WA  99362
- 1,731 students | 42.50 Mi2411 NW Carden Ave
Pendleton,  OR  97801
- 2,016 students | 65.30 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
- 3,950 students | 71.20 MiSouth 16th Ave. & Nob Hill Blvd.
Yakima,  WA  98907
- 3,510 students | 99.70 Mi1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee,  WA  98801
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.