Bellingham Technical College
- Preparing an educated workforce is central to the mission of Bellingham Technical College. Today's workforce requires complex technical competencies as well as academic skills, positive work attitudes and habits, effective human relations, leadership, problem solving, critical thinking and teamwork skills.
- Enrollment: 1,848 students
- In-state tuition: $3,518
- Out-state tuition: $8,708
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Verified school update
Bellingham Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The role and mission of Bellingham Technical College has its roots in vocational education in the Bellingham School District (BSD). The first 'Industrial School' was planned and constructed in 1911 by the BSD. This school evolved into a manual-training section of Whatcom High School. With the passage of the Smith-Hughes Act in 1917, courses in automotive mechanics and machine shop were offered at Fairhaven High School. Planning for the present program began in 1952 when it was realized that vocational programs offered by the local school district were not meeting the needs of the community. As a result of assessments of community vocational education needs by advisory committees from labor and management, Bellingham Vocational Technical Institute was established on its present 21-acre site at 3028 Lindbergh Avenue in 1957. The college offers Degree/Certificate programs and courses in Business, Computer Technology and Management, Culinary Arts, Engineering, Manufacturing & Industrial Technology, Fisheries & Aquaculture, Transportation & Mechanical and Health Sciences & Human Services. The degree & certificate programs at Bellingham Technical College rely on the involvement and support of over 300 business and industry employers and employees from the community. Bellingham Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. The Commission is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Bellingham Technical College is located in the scenic Pacific Northwest, about 90 miles north of Seattle, 60 miles south of Vancouver, BC and just a mile northwest of downtown Bellingham.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bellingham Technical College cost?
Bellingham Technical College's tuition is approximately $3,518 for In-State students and $8,708 for Out-State students.
What is Bellingham Technical College's ranking?
Bellingham Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.