Skagit Valley College
- The teacher population of 156 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Skagit Valley College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||156 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,993 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,489 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,504 students||2,110 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Skagit Valley College is, above all, a place where learning comes to life. Our faculty and staff dedicate themselves to providing high-quality education in a friendly atmosphere with personal attention provided to our students. We want to help you achieve your educational goals. SVC offers Associate in Arts General Studies, Associate in Arts General Studies (SOCNAV), Associate in Arts University College Transfer Degree (AAUCT), Associate in Business degree, Associate in Music degree, Associate in Science degree, Associate in Technical Arts degree (ATA), Associate in Visual Arts degree, Adult High School Diploma, Community College Diploma, Certificate of Educational Competence (GED) and Becoming a Teacher program.
- The nearest community college to Skagit Valley College is Bellingham Technical College (24.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,301 students | 24.50 Mi3028 Lindbergh Ave
Bellingham,  WA  98225
- 10,993 students | 26.00 Mi237 W Kellogg Rd
Bellingham,  WA  98226
- 8,139 students | 30.30 Mi2000 Tower Street
Everett,  WA  98201
- 410 students | 36.80 Mi906 SE Everett Mall Way, Ste 600
Everett,  WA  98208
- 8,993 students | 42.90 Mi20000 68th Ave W
Lynnwood,  WA  98036
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.