Bates Technical College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (253) 680-7000
Bates Technical College Photo #6 - The Barber program prepares students for state licensure, and learn in a fully-operational barber shop.
- Bates Technical College helps you realize your potential for growth and success through innovative instruction in a friendly, supportive and diverse environment. You'll achieve your career and personal goals, and help strengthen the region's social and economic vibrancy. Strong local and global partnerships with business, industry, labor and the public make Bates a respected contributor to community vitality. We offer
- two-year Associate of Applied Sciences degrees, Associate of Applied Science-Transfer degrees, certificates, industry certifications, and, in specific programs, prepares students for the achievement of state licensure.
The teacher population of 194 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|Bates Technical College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||194 staff||157 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Associated Student Government clubs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Bates Technical College, we focus on career education. Nestled in the shadow of Mount Rainier in the state`s second-largest county, the college boasts three vibrant campuses throughout Tacoma - including a new Advanced Technology Building that houses engineering, information technology, and digital media programs. You`ll find a variety of interesting, satisfying career education programs that deliver practical, concentrated hands-on training, with a goal of providing an affordable, accessible path toward successful employment.
The nearest community college to Bates Technical College is Tacoma Community College (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,242 students | 3.60 Mi6501 S 19th St
Tacoma, WA 98466
(253) 566-5000 3.606,242
- 3,905 students | 5.80 Mi4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
(253) 589-5800 5.803,905
- 6,067 students | 8.00 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
(253) 964-6500 8.006,067
- 4,453 students | 10.60 Mi9401 Farwest Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
(253) 964-6500 10.604,453
- 6,530 students | 11.50 Mi2400 S 240th St
Des Moines, WA 98198
(206) 878-3710 11.506,530
In spite of the recession, composite technicians are in high demand. Learn about this green career and how you can get the training for the available jobs in just weeks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.