- Pierce College students will experience quality, relevant learning that increases their knowledge, skills and abilities to maximize the potential for individual success whether transferring to a four-year institution or preparing directly for the workforce. Pierce Collegewill ensure quality, sustainability and continuous improvement in all of its departments and programs. Pierce Collegewill promote an environment in which quality teaching and learning are fostered, decision-making is collaborative, and students and employees feel valued and respected. Pierce Collegewill be a recognized leader in building and maintaining academic, industry and broad-based community partnerships to advance local educational opportunities and economic development.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pierce College-Puyallup||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,671 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||67:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,781 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,890 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,900||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pierce College-Puyallup is Everest College-Tacoma (9.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 795 students | 9.70 Mi2156 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma,  WA  98402
- 2,596 students | 10.50 Mi1101 S Yakima Ave
Tacoma,  WA  98405
- 3,682 students | 10.70 Mi4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood,  WA  98499
- 7,915 students | 11.80 Mi12401 SE 320th St
Auburn,  WA  98092
- 7,189 students | 13.30 Mi6501 S 19th St
Tacoma,  WA  98466
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.