- Pierce College students will experience quality, relevant learning that increases their knowledge, skills and abilities to maximize the potential for individual success whether transferring to a four-year institution or preparing directly for the workforce. Pierce Collegewill ensure quality, sustainability and continuous improvement in all of its departments and programs. Pierce Collegewill promote an environment in which quality teaching and learning are fostered, decision-making is collaborative, and students and employees feel valued and respected. Pierce Collegewill be a recognized leader in building and maintaining academic, industry and broad-based community partnerships to advance local educational opportunities and economic development.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pierce College-Puyallup||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,671 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||67:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,781 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,890 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,900||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pierce College-Puyallup is Everest College-Tacoma (9.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 795 students | 9.70 Mi2156 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma,  WA  98402
- 2,596 students | 10.50 Mi1101 S Yakima Ave
Tacoma,  WA  98405
- 3,682 students | 10.70 Mi4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood,  WA  98499
- 7,915 students | 11.80 Mi12401 SE 320th St
Auburn,  WA  98092
- 7,189 students | 13.30 Mi6501 S 19th St
Tacoma,  WA  98466
While dental procedures are typically expensive, preventative services at your local community college is very affordable - if not free! Learn about how you can get low cost dental services through your community college's dental hygienist training program.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.