Baltimore International College
- The mission of Baltimore International College, a regionally accredited, independent college, is to provide qualified students with the education and experience they need to pursue progressive careers with the international business or hospitality industry.
|Baltimore International College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||501 students||4,515 students|
|# Full-Time Students||471 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||30 students||3,341 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||482 students||1,352 students|
|# Graduate Students||19 students||19 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,700||$38,800|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Baltimore International College is a regionally accredited, independent college offering specialized baccalaureate and associate degrees and certificates through its School of Culinary Arts and School of Hospitality Business & Management. The college's programs are taught by industry experienced chefs and professors from around the world and incorporate a blend of theory and academics, with hands-on experience. The college has two campuses. The United States' campus is located in Baltimore, Maryland, just two blocks from the world famous Baltimore Inner Harbor. The international campus is located in Ireland at the historic, 100-acre Virginia Park, which is 50 miles northwest of Dublin, and home to the Park Hotel, a golf course, the pleasure gardens, and 15 miles of walking paths. Classes are held in the spring, summer, and fall and there are also evening classes. In addition to classrooms and cooking labs, College's Baltimore campus includes the Culinary Arts Center, a bookstore, computer lab, student union, hotel, inn, restaurant, student housing, and The Learning Resource Center which includes a library, computer lab, and a gallery of edible art. Founded in 1972, the College educates more than 800 students annually, with 52 percent men and 48 percent women. BBaltimore International College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- The nearest community college to Baltimore International College is Baltimore City Community College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,024 students | 3.40 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore,  MD  21215
- 582 students | 3.50 Mi1520 South Caton Ave
Halethorpe,  MD  21227
- 318 students | 8.00 Mi803 Glen Eagles Ct
Towson,  MD  21286
- 22,887 students | 8.20 Mi7201 Rossville Blvd.
Rosedale,  MD  21237
- 647 students | 14.40 Mi9325 Snowden River Pky
Columbia,  MD  21046
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.