Anne Arundel Community College
- With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College strives to embody the basic convictions of the American democratic ideal: that individuals be given full opportunity to discover and develop their talents, energy and interests, to pursue their unique potentials and to achieve an intellectually, culturally and economically satisfying relationship with society. Such opportunity should be easily available and readily accessible to all Anne Arundel County residents.
- The teacher population of 601 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Anne Arundel Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||601 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,274 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,442 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,832 students||3,341 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,700||$37,700|
- Established in 1961, AACC is a fully accredited, public, two-year institution offering credit programs leading to an associate degree, certificate or a letter of recognition. Students may prepare for transfer to a four-year institution or for an immediate career. AACC also offers extensive lifelong learning opportunities and noncredit, continuing education to those seeking career training or retraining, working to boost basic skills or pursuing new areas of interest. Students enrolling in associate degree transfer or career programs, certificate career programs or participating in continuing education offerings can be assured that the college, as an accredited, public, comprehensive, open-admission institution of higher learning with affordable tuition, is, within the limits of its resources. The college is vigorously committed to fostering excellence of teaching and learning for students, faculty and staff; Offering credit programs and continuing education courses in a variety of formats responsive to a multiplicity of community needs; providing for learners at various preparation points, from pre-college to postgraduate, a range of integrated credentialing opportunities; providing appropriate services in support of academic success and student development; affording Anne Arundel County residents an opportunity to pursue higher education and lifelong learning and promoting county and state economic development by providing a variety of educational services and training programs to business and industry in both the private and not-for-profit sectors and to national, state and local government agencies. You will find new associate degree programs in information systems security, early childhood education and secondary education in chemistry, mathematics and Spanish; certificate programs in EMT-intermediate, special education support, juvenile justice and women's studies; and letters of recognition in creative writing, honors seminar and women's studies. That's just a small part of the more than 720 courses we offer.
- The nearest community college to Anne Arundel Community College is TESST College of Technology-Baltimore (16.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 582 students | 16.60 Mi1520 South Caton Ave
Halethorpe,  MD  21227
- 501 students | 17.30 Mi17 Commerce Street- Commerce Exchange
Baltimore,  MD  21202
- 647 students | 19.30 Mi9325 Snowden River Pky
Columbia,  MD  21046
- 13,678 students | 20.10 Mi301 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro,  MD  20774
- 5,024 students | 20.20 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore,  MD  21215